1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transporting wheels with tires mounted in trailer

Discussion in 'General' started by RIB333, Jun 17, 2023.

1. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

All knowing:

I did a search but my search terms didn't yield what I needed. I am looking for information, options, and some pictures of how you folks transport wheels with tires mounted in your trailers. Saw some commercial products out there that look good but they seem to be meant just for tires.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

Usually a rod through the hub attached to a plate bolted to the wall. Removable for sleeping. Wing nut screwed on rod. I don't have them but I've seen the design. I usually stack them in the floor with thin carpet between

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

4. surfingsk8r

surfingsk8r Well-Known Member

I would strap them to the lower etrack on the sides of my trailer. Worked for me.

Daniel06 likes this.
  5. Daniel06

6. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I just stacked them alternating tires only and tires on wheels. Fronts I started with a tire only of course to protect the rotors. Stack of fronts and stack of rears. Always worked fine but to be honest, i would drag so much crap to the racetrack once the everything was loaded there was not much room for things to shift.

MELK-MAN, 27 and Daniel06 like this.
  7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Vertical e-track, weld a rod to a clip, drill end for hitch pin or similar. I would get you a picture but it is at the place in TN and I am not.

You get close on size and spacers go over the fake axle nicely.

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

From a homemade trailer to the semi with tire racks and e tracks and everything in between… @wsmc42 has the experience to know…

I concur lay the mounted rear down first, rotor down, then an empty front tire, then the mounted front… you can stack a few rears fine, just make sure to use the empty front before mounted front on top…

they won’t move and won’t get damaged and I’ve done it that way, as it’s the safest best way, even in a semi with racks and cabinets and e track everywhere, for decades

9. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

tire rack.jpg homesteader10.jpg

backho likes this.
  10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yes...I have it setup at 32" wide and can hold over 3 sets of wheels. Usually its 2 sets and tires.
    I used grade 8 thru bolts on the wall tubing/trailer stud. And if you dont need it... folds out of the way real easy.

Daniel06 likes this.
  11. Daniel06

Thanks for the feedback! Looks like that'll be coming in the mail. :)

It's a no brainer at that price.

TurboBlew likes this.
  12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I’d put a trash tire down, then wheel+tire, then trash tire, wheel + tire and have that pile wedged in by other stuff.

27 likes this.
  13. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the responses.