1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transported novice rider from beaver?

Discussion in 'General' started by sgr62004, Sep 1, 2008.

1. sgr62004

sgr62004 Well-Known Member

Anyone know if he he is ok?

2. Jim

Jim Know your grids...

I assume that you mean Dean. He has a broken leg that will require ortho work. His sister should be there and his mom is on the way. Spoke with dad today and he will be driving up to move equipment, and son. Best info I have.

Sublet

3. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Was this in A superbike? I saw a guy infront of me on a black and yellow R6 hit the armco hard.

I was wondering also how he was doing.
    I hope he have a speedy recovery.

4. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

Yeah, that was Dean. I talked to Gary at the hospital yesterday. He will be fine, but I'm sure he is in alot of pain. He said broken hip, tibula, fibula and bruised lung. Sad to see him out b/c he was loving the racing thing and having a blast. Sad to see another rider hurt, I think most of us know all too well that it's going to be a long 6-8 weeks ahead of him

5. Stu Carter

Stu Carter Well-Known Member

What turn did the crash happen? Turn 1 @ Beaver? I hate that turn but there could be more?

6. vonstallin

I should know the turn numbers by now since Ive been to beaver 4 times, but it was the the turn b4 the section with the brake markers. (that right hander maybe what they call the kink) as you lift up and see the markers then head up hill.
    sorry I dont know the turns yet.

He lost the rear end.

7. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

the fast right kink in the back (T9?)

8. vonstallin

I think thats the turn number. I just watched the video posted earlier today and counted turns so that seems about right.

Im soooooo glad he is ok. Visualy it was scary as hell.

9. redducman996

redducman996 must go faster

glad to hear that he will be OK. speedy recovery

10. sgr62004

sgr62004 Well-Known Member

Did not want to mention name, was not sure who it was. Dean is a great dude! I hope he has a speedy recovery. Homie if you need anything shoot me a pm

Sam

11. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Dean Bosch! i little pita but I do like him! Get well dude!

12. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

Dean started this year and he is always a pleasure. His enthusiasm is great. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

13. Stu Carter

Stu Carter Well-Known Member

What kind of track has armco situated where a rider can nail it? Alan Miller really fucked this one up. One armco crash is one too many.

14. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Interesting point.

As being @ Beaverun for the first time ever this weekend one of my first thoughts during the sighting laps was the proximity of the armco in turns 7, 9 and 10. Definitely airfence candidates IMHO; the haybales in 9 didn't look like they would cut it at the speeds being generated.

Hoping Dean has a fast recovery.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  15. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I think the place you guys are talking about is at the right hand kink just before the 180 degree right that takes you up the hill to the front straight.

I tried not to look at the Armco when I raced there.

Hope the rider heals quickly.

16. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Yes, it was after nine and just prior to 10.

17. stealth 52

stealth 52 Yank

well everybody, just lgot home from the hospital. dean is a bit banged up but will be ok. he broke his hip, compound fracture of the tib. and fib. on his left leg, and broke his thumb, bruised lung also. he was transported from the first hospital to a pittsburgh hospital. at about 1:30 am they started his surgery on the hip and leg. everything went well. when i got there at 11am he was looped up but talking. (how's my bike)... i sat there with him all day to try to keep his spirits up. by this evening he was doin even a bit better. we watched some tv, talked, and laughed a bit.. at about 9pm finally a good lookin nurse came in and we instantly he was thinking with his other head. lol. but seriously, he is in good spirits and can't wait to get back on the track. i'm gonna take my laptop down with me tomorrow to let him get on the internet. i will make sure he reads this.
    thanks again everybody, u are all a good family to have.

18. sdrcar

sdrcar Active Member

hope he gets good luck man!!!

19. vonstallin

Thats good to hear Garry...
    I seriously thought it would be far worst....
    I did the main thing you shouldnt....watch.
    He hit that armco with force, I never realized it was close enough to hit until I saw that.

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Glad he is ok. I didn't see it happen but he was right behind me and when i came back around i was hoping it wasn't as bad as it looked. Get well dude.