Trackday vs race riders

Discussion in 'General' started by bored&stroked, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Not sure what you mean by "budget". Do you mean how much am I wanting to spend on a street bike?

When you say 800, are you talking about the Multistrada? Is there an 800cc version of the Multistrada?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It is really really really weird to get on the throttle and have it wheelie - I don't do wheelies and that thing isn't the smallest bike out there. I expect it occasionally on the Hyper but the Multi is so gentle I don't notice until the steering is really light :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

800 Triumph....

4. Oh ok.

I have been doing a lot of research on the Multistrada today. It sounds like it is everything I am looking for in a street bike. Something with good power, that handles good and can be fun, is relatively comfortable....but that I can also throw the luggage on and take a trip.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, like I said, best bike I've ever owned. The Hyper is still a blast to run around on but even with it in the garage the Multi has become my default choice 1 or 2 up.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

i rode 1 around the alps 1 day with the wife in the back, several passes WOT all the time. almost wanted to sell the 1199 afterwards. until the wife said it's not as pretty. ;) win.

7. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

hijacked thread

Don't want to interrupt you street riders but I would like to chime in on the original topic.
    I have a couple of bikes I take to track days and also have started racing again in 2013.
    I find racing less stressful than track days. Why?
    I have lightweight bikes. Racing groups lightweights with lightweights. No 180+hp bikes blowing past me in groups of three or four at the end of the straight.
    That said, track days give me a chance to ride on track when there are no races. WERA will be at Summit Point two times this year. I plan to be there at least ten times.
    I just bought a nice enclosed trailer so I can go to further away races and track days and bring friends. It is a much nicer trailer than I "need" but I don't mind spending money on things that make me happy.
    I will have number plates on my bike at the track days because it is my race bike.
    To Bored and stroked:
    When you pass me at the track days on your stock 600 I hope you don't question my investment in my sport because I have a much modded bike and a nice rig. Nor think I am am a poseur for riding at a track day with number plates.
    C'mon out and race. It will distract you from worrying about what other people are riding and allow some pride in those you pass in a competitive situation.

8. :rolleyes:

9. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

You KNOW that was tongue in cheek
    Or maybe you didn't

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Chaotic, you've posted a lot in this thread, no doubt adding much to the discussion, but..

TL/DR

Sorry.

11. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

this thread makes me want to do a trackday

12. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

You sure NESBA will want you to come back? You ruffled a few dudes feathers over there. :crackup:

13. gpstar748

I want to go just so I can hang out with a few particular individuals who obviously just want to be friends with me ;)

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

What happened? :)

A couple years back, one of their instructors was trying to race me at a trackday. On an R1, he nearly put a couple customers in the dirt doing it. He wasn't too happy when I walked up to him and gave him my two cents after the session, in front of his other instructor buddies he was trying to impress.

15. gpstar748

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=31989

it's kind of long and painful to read really....I get a headache just thinking about it

16. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

17. gpstar748

dungeonesque? how do you figure?

18. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

The level of anger and intensity over something never intended to be so controversial... it reminded me of the political/social debates 'back in the days of the Dungeon'... just reminiscing.... :p

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Is that the thread that sparked someone to coin the phrase "NESBA sucks"?