1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track Safety = Rider Responsibility

Discussion in 'General' started by aip, Jul 25, 2000.

1. aip

aip Well-Known Member

I am not a Racer. I am telling you this because what I am about to say might be out of line. However I feel it needs to be said.

We are club racing. Even as experts you are still club racing. It is here to give you an avenue to get out some of that aggression and spend a whole lot of disposable income (or Credit) Remember this when you go Under the bridge at Memphis, Start onto the dragstrip at IRP or Up onto the OVAL at Gateway. Not every track can be a Talladega or a Carolina.

If there is a brick wall at the end of the straightaway you have two opinions. Slow down and do not hit it or do not race there. If you go full blast into a that corner you are taking a very, very big risk.

Take for instance Putnam Park. This is one of the safest tracks you will ever race at with the exception of turn ten. The pit wall is a little close to the track. Unfortunately at least once per weekend someone will hit that wall. Either because they were hanging it out or someone else was stupid and sent them into it.

Please take care of yourself and others. Be careful, do not risk it all for club racing.