1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track Day Apparel

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by slowcheetah999, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Going to Putnam next Saturday, it's all good besides I don't have a pair of gauntlet style gloves. Just gloves that end at the wrist. How strict are they on enforcing the gauntlets? I'm only running in novice group if that makes a difference. Thanks.

2. hazexban

hazexban Slow Poke

I am pretty certain you will need gauntlets. Without gauntlets you have an area that will be unprotected if you go down.

Get some gauntlets!

3. MYZ1K

MYZ1K Well-Known Member

You need gauntlets.

However, when I did my first trackday a few/several years ago, I had regular street gloves. For running novice it's probably not a big deal, but I would invest in some good gloves soon.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would hope they don't allow them.

5. eboos

eboos Slowski

I always found that statement funny with regard to safety gear. For a rider of any level, get the best gear that you can afford that meets or exceeds the standards set by the organization that you will be riding with.

6. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

The group your in makes no difference, you still need protection. Check out Kobe gauntlets, damn good protection for around 100$

7. Pure Sportbikes

Pure Sportbikes www.puresportbikes.com

Gloves

The trackday org you're riding with should have an extra set of gauntlet style gloves for rent, or purchase even.

8. Pilotx1

Pilotx1 Well-Known Member

the asphalt is just as hard and abrasive wether youre in novice or advanced

9. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

No, actually, it doesn't. You bleed just the same.

10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Theyre your HANDS man! You can get gauntlets for $20 on clearance. Spend $60 on a decent pair at least. $300 for helds is hard to swallow, but not as hard as wrecking your damn hands.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'm sure someone there would loan you a pair for the day.

12. ScreamingSon

ScreamingSon Well-Known Member

As others have said, Asphalt does not discriminate.

13. Hyper08

Hyper08 Well-Known Member

What size do you wear? I will be there Sat/Sun and could let you borrow some.

14. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

15. dubguy85

dubguy85 Well-Known Member

What size you wear?

16. MBGSXR

MBGSXR Well-Known Member

my local track group is putting it on, and i can tell you from experience THEY WILL NOT let you on the track with out the right gear, they do check every rider and their gear and i mean the really do check!! Seen some guys get real pissed because they wont bend safety rules... Ill be their, i have a pair off A*'s i can lend you as well if you need, size XL

17. primo

primo Well-Known Member

18. madriders86

madriders86 Well-Known Member

Pick up a good pair of race gauntlets from the classifieds here or elsewhere. I STRONGLY recommend you get a pair that features sliders in the PALM AREA. Take a look at the RS Taichi GP-Evos and Knox handroids. Notice the palm sliders. Do not discount the importance of good gloves. Your hands are often the first thing to hit the ground, and all of your WEIGHT will be coming down right behind them.

Ask me how I know:

[​IMG]

19. R6G35

R6G35 Well-Known Member

^^^ouch^^^

20. Rx3

Rx3 1%

Teknic Xcellerator gloves also have the palm sliders, same as Knox Handroid (Knox did the armor for the Teknic gloves too). Rider Discount has them cheap.

Damn, that injury looks a lot like the one Eddie Kraft had last year...