Toyota 3.5 V6

Discussion in 'General' started by rk97, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

The '19 I had for a loaner wasn't happy in any gear for very long... The salesman wasn't happy when he asked me what I thought compared to my '10 4.0...

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I know i like her, because i’m gonna see her the same day i get the car, and i’m pretty confident the car won’t be my primary focus.

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

FYI I just had a new Camry as a rental for a week. Great gas mileage as I kept it in eco. Really liked the styling and the interior had plenty of room. I had it for a week and drove an average of 20 miles per day and got 36 miles per gallon combined.

My only gripe is the layout of the electronics and the stereo. I suppose I'd get used to it be gawd the controls were just not where I thought they should be. Big ol volume knob at the top of the dash and way out of reach. The other annoyance was the stereo in my 72 VW Bettle was better than the Camry's and it was AM only with one paper speaker.

4. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Was the rental a 4 cylinder or a V6? Sounds like a 4 cyl with that kind of fuel mileage.

As for the volume knob, did it not have steering wheel buttons? Even my mid-range 2010 RAV4 has buttons on the steering wheel, and it definitely didn't have the "good" stereo.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

That's my biggest grip with all this F-Sport stuff...it's no IS-F, all it is, is a body kit and nicer dash, there's no performance to it. The IS-F was/is a great car. Never did a car shift so fast that wasn't a Supercar at the time.

6. Bloodhound

This was a Tacoma that I was supposed to fall in love with while mine got it's free undercoating (which is already flaking off). I told the salesman if I trade my truck off it was going to be for a Tundra but he was dead set on me driving that for the 2 days instead... He guaranteed himself he won't receive a commission from my purchase...

BigBird likes this.
  7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I have an 18' TRD sport and while I love the truck, the update doesn't do much of $hit. Everything else about the truck has been great

8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

There’s a little more to it than that, but not much.

My understanding is that the F sport has 18” rims instead of 17’s and the “sport+” throttle response and transmission setting. The gauges are also different, and mine has red leather interior - which i could do without, but does look more “aggressive.”

The suspension is also electronically adjusted when you put it into “Sport+”

F Sport wasn’t a trim package i was explicitly looking for. I just found the newer body style with lower mileage than i had otherwise seen it, and a reasonable price.

I never buy cars this nice. Feel like i’ve ‘earned’ the experience. If i don’t feel like it’s worth the cost after a year, i can trade it for an older ES350 or a Camry or something else that i can rationalize, but not enjoy.

It’s an ego stroker. I admit this. Shit, i embrace it.

pscook and BigBird like this.
  9. Bloodhound

This was a TRD Sport. Handled great, nice interior, weak ass stereo and reminded me of my old '06 R6...keep it spinning to make it happy. Nice truck overall but I didn't like it having to kick down 3 gears to accelerate up to interstate speeds... I'd prefer low revving torque.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

We had a Black on Red IS350 F-Sport. looked sweet. It's a very nice car, very luxurious at it's price point. Much better interior than any BMW. You should be enjoying it!

It held up like a champ in an rear end accident, only had 4K miles.

23153122882_0330bdd86d_w.jpg 22710867277_423ea95576_w.jpg