Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson finally done?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

My guess as to what you are seeing is that they are noticeably older and have less energy. But I am enjoying it just the same as TG. It's a show that my wife and I look forward to watching together weekly. I miss the Stig but whatever, the show rocks!

2. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Yeah I only really felt that way about the episode with the armed forces. That whole bit didn't work well with me. I miss the Stig and it is all kinda more of the same but I still get a huge kick out of those three laughing at each others misfortune and generally giving each other a hard time. And cars ...... love cars so ....yeah its still worth watching.

Funkm05 likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

i see a bit of a decline here. the jokes seem to be a bit more pre-canned and it's somewhat tense and predictable...

cars are good but the challenges are *moan* a bit long on the leg sometimes.

rk97 likes this.
  4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

The first Namibia episode is where they got back in their groove.

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

LOVED the Namibia episodes.

mx3TT likes this.
  6. FlynScotsman

FlynScotsman Well-Known Member

Agreed, the Namibia episodes were hilarious. navigating by the Stars LOL....

7. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

This is how i feel about it. Top Gear jumped the shark a few years ago. They were on a decline as it was before the whole "punching colleague" thing got blown up.

The opening scene of the Grand Tour was amazing and really got me pumped up for the show, and i was genuinely looking forward to it. I've been more disappointed than impressed. The jokes are forced, some skits they do are just plain idiotic. The celebrity brain thingy where the celebrity always dies.....its just fucking stupid. same with half the skits they do.

eeeh...

Phl218 and rk97 like this.
  8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I keep watching it, but I keep wondering why.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The celebs dying makes me laugh - especially since it's because Amazon is afraid of being sued by the BBC for having a celeb on :D

10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I can't tell if that's it, or if they guys just didn't enjoy the interviews.

It's certainly less of a time commitment for the guests now.

11. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Really enjoying it. Is everything about it perfect? Nope, but what show is? Still way better than most anything else on any form of TV. And 1,000% better than the new UK Top Gear or the USA version.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

tonight - there will be a tank.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I take it for the comments that they basically kept the film director (Good!).

Some of these 'trips' are so nice, I would watch w/o the sound. It's the same basic script anyway...

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Back in the US in Nashville this latest episode.

15. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Mike Skinner is irritating AF. But, I guess that is his "character" he has to play. The stereotypical American who thinks everything is "Communist" and nothing compares to his pickem up truck. But all in all, the series is good. yeah, some of the challenges get real played out, but it ended up being better than I thought it would have been.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I have to say this latest one in Nashville was probably one of if not my least favorite episodes thus far....I actually nodded off for a bit in the middle of it. I hope they don't get worse from here.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, final show of the 1st series....they are in Dubai.

18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The cars footage parts are usually good, but the "humor" bits are becoming increasingly painful to watch.

19. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I am soooo sick of him.

20. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

When I go read in the Dungeon, I find he's pretty close to reality :D