1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Everyone Whom Came to VMD... Thanks.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Silo Pete, Jul 26, 2009.

1. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

It might be an opportunity for someone to come up with a better set of classes and rules than anyone offers now. AHRMA has a cumbersome list of classes that needs streamlining, while WERA is overly and confusingly performance-indexed because of the limited number of bikes in some classes. Find the best of both worlds?

2. 787RR

787RR Well-Known Member

I would first like to thank everyone that came out to race and as a spectator. I personally had a really good time; everyone was really awesome and understanding when thing didn’t go to plan. I would really like to thank everyone at WERA they really know how to run a race and Kevin Crowther I think having him as the race director with his racing background was priceless. Also it was really cool that Mid Ohio let us use the pace car check the condition of the track. Every time Kevin would go out with the pace car he would come back with handfuls of motorcycle parts. It was really nice to get through a Mid Ohio weekend with out having red flags every race.

Also congratulation to everyone who won a national championship I hope to see you in Las Vegas and a special congrats to Paul for the Grand National Championship.

I hope everyone got home safely and hope to see you soon.

Later,
    Jimmy Pooler
    AKA AMA Tech Guy

3. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

I just don't know, given the economy, if WERA can run an AMA sanctioned National Vintage Series (at least on the level of a National Challenge series). That's a lot of money and time, and I think if we look at the entries for just the modern series they hold right now WERA is more than likely taking a hit (on just the regional events alone).And I don't think that was the point of WERA being at VMD.

If there was selective events and a decent series sponsor, maybe. "WERA VINTAGE NATIONAL CHALLENGE (VNC) sponsored by Avon Tires..." That'd be cool...

But man, I don't think the timing is right for a new series. I think by the time AHR*A collaspes (if they do), the timing might be right.

But that aside, I thought it was great for those to put politics aside and come out. That's the point of racing, to bring out your gear and roll wheels on the track.

4. eightforty

eightforty Member

My thanks also go out to everyone involved at Mid-Ohio. Very well run outfit. Racers and officials were very welcoming to us newbie Canadians. If I can get the time off, I plan to attend next year. Watching some racing at this track on TV just wont be the same now that I've been on it.

I've uploaded some onboard video if anyone wants to see it. There's some footage from behind of you Mr Pooler. Great run you had there...consistently quicker every lap. :up: Congrats on the #1!

Here's the link:

Sunday final race #4, part 1
    Sunday final race #4, part 2

Tim

5. r47sniffer

r47sniffer Member

It was my first visit to a vintage meet here in the USA and it's nice to see that the paddock and racing enjoyment is just as much fun here as it was in UK. The race organization was excellent though I understand the turnout was low. I just can't wait to get out there myself now!:up: Anyone know of a school where I can get my diploma to send in with my license application, I'm in Bloomington IL and was thinking of Blackhawk Farms?

David

6. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

Great videos Tim. That camera looks awesome and the bike sounds really nice. Hard to find good on board videos that the audio isn't completely distorted.

7. truckstop

truckstop Well-Known Member

The race licensing school at Blackhawk Farms happens during CCS race weekends, which is a different organization with slightly different rules. You would have to ask Sean (Mongo) if they'll accept a Learning Curves diploma to get your WERA license. http://www.learningcurves.com/index.html

You can get a WERA license if you have a CCS license, but if you're not planning on racing with CCS (there's no vintage classes), it would be an extra unnecessary expense. Also, since WERA doesn't do any events at Blackhawk (although I'd love to see them race there), it might make more sense to do the WERA school at one of their weekends.

8. cafe736

cafe736 New Member

david, join the chivinmoto list on google and watch for a vintage only track-day at bhf in the spring. yellow menace racing holds a licencing school then.

9. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Sean, did we ever get any contingency for this race? I was attempting to get some from Pirelli but it wasn't listed.