1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Everyone Whom Came to VMD... Thanks.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Silo Pete, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Tire money? Did we actually earn that last weekend?

Jordan. Great job!

2. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Money Im there , Be nice to get guys like springer on the xr 750"s of hour glass racing. That money race was a wera race sponsored by jim at fast from the past. Maybe Jim could sponsor Mid-o.:)

3. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

I had a great weekend. I appreciate Kevin touring the paddock and checking in on everyone and getting opinions. Racing was great. The WERA crew did an outstanding job. Can't wait until the RRGC. Thanks to all!!!!!

Todd Urig

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I thought I read here that it was a paying weekend, but can't find the post now.

5. mcengr

mcengr Well-Known Member

I gotta say I was impressed with the way things went this weekend. The WERA guys and gals did their usual great job. I also now have a high opinion of the AMA folks that were in the trenches for the road racing. Everyone I encountered was very helpful. Kevin Crowther was there just minutes after we arrived at our garage, introduced himself, and made it clear if we had any issues to let him know. Well, we didn't, but sure appreciated the effort. James Pooler also did a great job. Whatever you think of what's gone down with the AMA lately, the people on the ground making vintage racing work at Mid-O this year are ok in my book:up:

Mike Wells
    AHRMA & WERA #341

6. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

I wussed out on Saturday, went home at 0800 and took a nap. Came back on Sunday for some racing. Good times.:beer:

7. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

Oh sure, Jordan -- you couldn't just PM the pic to Tris, you had to post it on the BBS so everyone could see you ahead of him on your RS125. :wow: That's cold, dude . . . :D

8. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Brilliant idea!

9. Silo Pete

Nice to see you there Mark. I know picketing the front gate got tiring, and I thought it was cool that the track let you in to use the bathroom.

:D

10. Silo Pete

Man... a 70's/80's SBK race with JU, Lawson, Spencer, KR, Baker, Baldwin, etc would be great!

11. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

Bathroom? Nah. I just peed in the airbox of this hideous orange KTM motard parked next to Joe and Tris.

12. Silo Pete

Ha! No wonder I got second. You tainted my KTM with your runner-up mojo dojo.

:)

Buy a 675 yet? I know one for sale. 9k with a kick-arse set-up.

13. 02R6

02R6 The dude abides

Well, you know, hindsight and all that... :eek:

Pete - Is JD's 675 for sale?

14. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I think the 675 that is for sale is the one with out of the Riders Discount stable that ran up at Grattan. I think JD's would probably go for more than 9k, but the Rider's bike is a nice set up as well that was put together by Gary Hayes. It has a kit ECU and some nice Ohlins suspension under it.

Does anyone know if there was anyone taking pictures up at Mid-O?

15. parillaguy

parillaguy vintage+GP racer

I raced at VMD and it was my first time with WERA and the AMA running an event. I have done only AHRMA events all year. You guys did a great job and went out of your way to be helpful and really listen to what racers want. This was very impressive and appreciated by all 5 of the racers in my garage.

The AMA/AHRMA thing doesn't look like it will be going away any time soon so I can only suggest that WERA and the AMA have an opportunity to creat something special for 2010.

parillaguy

16. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

I knew WERA would do a good job. I was pleasantly surprised at the very good job that the AMA did. I have been racing for many years and this is the first time I can complement the AMA. Well done.

17. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I want to second the post that there are a lot of people waiting in the wings to see how things go. I would have been there, but my schedule with work and business requires advanced planning. If AMA/WERA are able to put together a small series for next year I think they could do extremely well. There are a large number of vintage racers who will flock to well run events at decent tracks. The AHRMA political bullshit is out of control and racers are looking for a place to go. I know I would be there.

18. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

You boys are quick to spend my money aren't you. :D

Sorry I could not make it to VMD - making a living got in the way. My son and I went to the first 5 VMDs and watched it grow every year. Amazing to watch the changes.

Sounds like everyone was pleased with the weekend. I knew WERA would do their ususal superb job of managing a race weekend and I'm very pleased to hear the AMA is listening to the racers now and wants to move forward. A very good sign for the future.

Next years plans are up in the air right now as the vintage racing situation in the US is changing with every passing day. We definitely will do our event at Barber next year as we have for the past 2 years. I'd also like to see several more events perhaps at Mid-O, Daytona, and Road Atlanta. I'll be working to gather more sponsors to try and make that possible as Fast from the Past is not yet large enough to support that kind of an effort on its own.

I'm still convinced the best days of vintage racing are ahead of us. :up:

19. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

You Da Man Jim:up:

A rare combo if you think about it....Family, Do all that it takes to race and maintain those Sweeeet bikes of yours (even tho 2 strokes:D), hold what, 3 #1 plates?.... your business(s?).....and still have the Unnnfff left to try and lead the way thru the current US vintage racing turmoil.....Bravo sir, Bravo:beer:

Just my .02

Also, Well said Steve Thompson.....and I've allways enjoyed WERA events. you all are fighting the good fight.:rock:

20. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

Jim, thanks for your continued efforts. In this instance I think I can speak for the K.W.C. and say we all appreciate everyones efforts to improve our " sport ", specifically " Fast from the Past " .
    VMD was a bit of a pleasant surprise ( except for the rain and one damn slick track ) and hope more can join in next year. I wasn't really too interested in going until WERA became involved and my confidence in their ability persuaded many of us it would be a worthwhile event and it went very well.