1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire wear???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by fzgixxerman, Mar 24, 2009.

1. fzgixxerman

fzgixxerman AKA Mark Byrd

I have some pics of my tires I run Tally 1 and 1/2 trackdays on Rear was fliped look perfect I think. Front on the left side is cup out a little behind the groove in the tire. What to you racing master think. Please be nice. I ran 1:04s. Tally tire wear 2 track days 001 (Medium) (2).jpg

Tally tire wear 2 track days 003 (Medium).jpg

Tally tire wear 2 track days 004 (Medium).jpg

2. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

1 1/2 trackdays... you should be showing chords. nah just kidding everything looks good from here. what size bike? what was the temps for the weekend? did they feel funny or is there any reasoning for the question or just curious?

3. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

wow they are toasted - think you should send them to me and i will check them for proper wear marks :D

J/K they look good to me man - i would keep running them!

4. fzgixxerman

Felt good and seen the cupping out on the front on the left side, behind the grooves in the tire,Look like a rebound problem on a rear tire and just want to know if I needed to tune the front a little. I was thinking the rear was perfect for a 07 gsxr 1000. I can kill the rear tire if I run ball to the wall the hold time. Temp was about 70 degrees.

5. speedjunkie

speedjunkie Well-Known Member

so were you just scrubbing them in for a practice? lol jk look really good for a 1k hate the tire wear i get on mine.

6. PlayHard

PlayHard Well-Known Member

Tire wear

Tire looks nice and clean. I'd say your pretty close on your settings. Slight cupping behind the tread can be taken out with a slight re-bound adjustment. Try going a 1/4 turn soft. Tire pressure also effects re-bound so you could have the shock dialed in pretty good but as the weather changes throughout the day, so does your tire pressures. I'd say leave it alone though. I've seen a lot worse.

7. fzgixxerman

You think soft up the front rebound and see if its get better??? I check pressure off the track everytime. 32f 26r. Thanks the the help!!!!!