1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire Date

Discussion in 'Tech' started by strgt, May 21, 2009.

1. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

I am trying to figure out what the manufacture date is on these tires. They are Michelin Pilot Race 180/55/17. The PR series has a clear 4 digit week number and year number, but I dont see anything like that on these. All the other tires ive had have had the 4 digit number as well. I attached pictures of all the markings on the tires in hopes somebody knows what they are looking at.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the unclear pictures, but if you click on the pictures and look closely you can see all the numbers.

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

It looks Blank... Its the spot on the right in that second pic... Should be something like 2107 4308 ect... Its the week of the year and year when they were born....

3. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

Why would it be blank? I ordered a 4 tire combo from Sport Bike Tire Service just to be safe.

4. richiestires

richiestires Well-Known Member

The date code is on the brake side 'right side' if you sitting on the bike.Look were it says DOT after that it will be 4 numbers or an some letters then after them there will be 3 numbers an 1 letter then after that WILL BE the date code an for example 4407 which is the 44 week of 2007 " 07 "

5. burniep

burniep Well-Known Member

your second pic is were the date code is from what i can see and last two numbers are the year 06. If it is 06 that tire is getting old.

6. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

Theres three numbers there so I dont think thats it. I didnt check the other side :Poke:

7. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

Checked the other side and there it was 0303. Good thing Im not using these.