Those who travel long distances for work.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sheik Abdul ben Falafel, Mar 20, 2013.

1. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

fag. :D

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

You, my friend, need a Fiat. They can jump in the Med, cross the Atlantic, and end up on the east coast.

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

If you need any a/v (speakers, digital signage, tv's, etc) hit me up!!

4. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

its a real phobia!

Ass :D

5. Eh, it doesnt really make a shit to be honest. The domestic planes aren't big enough for it to really matter. I mean, you won't get to lay out flat or have a 20" TV or anything like that.

In my experience flying First domestically with Delta, AA, US Airways and Continental, the service was all about the same. It is more dependent on how the flight attendants are feeling that day, moreso than the name on their uniform.

6. My bad. There is too much going on in this thread, i can't keep up!!! :D

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Fly. Delta hubs out of Atl and United out of Houston.

I'm sorry but the idea of sitting in a car for endless hours and then turning around and doing it in reveres is pure hell to me.

8. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

will do.

do you do any work with the atlanta retailers association?

9. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

so which would you choose?

10. I actually prefer driving. I fly so much for work that i avoid flying on my own time if at all possible.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

HA! Cool. We'll have to meet up when you're in town.

On the travel thing - I'd base it on how long you'll be in town. Losing a day each way gets old quick. We do it a lot with races - leave Friday, race Sat/Sun, home Monday, office Tue/Wed/Thu and then back on the road Friday. Now granted flying wouldn't really help us but it still gets old really quick.

12. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

so is that why all the united flights going out of houston are cheaper than the other carriers. And all the delta flights going out are atlanta are cheaper?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Flying into and out of ATL - use Delta. All the people bitching aside we fly them to Vegas 5-6 times a year and have minimal to no issues, especially since you'll be able to do direct flights from Houston.

14. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Yes Sir! we do

I have to be in town about 1-2 days each trip. thats not including travel time.

15. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Delta it is!

This puts my mind at ease...Hate flying.

16. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

My territory is all of Alberta and soon to be a good chunk of British Columbia. I drive for hours to see customers. Flying isn't an option most of the time. But Houston to Atlanta and Chandler I would fly. How long would it take to drive it?

I just looked it up, 11 hours from Houston to Atlanta. Man that is like 4 days of driving (at a normal human pace).

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Flying is your best bet then. If you can afford first each trip you're all good, Deltas first is pretty damn nice (especially compared to coach). Does on occasion depend on the plane type/size but you can check out websites for info on that and book accordingly.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

3 days? :D

I don't even use 3 days ATL to Portland!

19. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

all the websites and travel agents emails are pretty much saying what you guys are saying.

delta is the best bet.

20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

We dont. We're not a 'vendor' in their eyes since we dont want shelf space in your store. We would provide equipment to support the store, not for sale to customers.