1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This kinda pisses me off.....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BR549, Nov 21, 2012.

1. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It should piss you off but not for the reason you think.

Realize this mental midget gets to vote.

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I suspect that the young woman got up that morning and forgot to reengage her brain after shutting it off the previous evening.
    It's a perfect example of the old "well, it seemed to be a good idea at the time" excuse. She's learned a valuable lesson I would guess.

4. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

While she has the right to be an idiot and express herself, there should be repercussions for being an idiot. As someone once said, stupid should hurt sometimes...and she was definately stupid! If the company paid for her trip and she was representing the company then she should be fired. If it was on her off time and she was just being an idiot then I refer to my previous comment about stupid should hurt sometimes.

5. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Stupid should only hurt when it hurts (or can hurt) other people. (In the losing job sense.. could be argued that this shitstorm she's in is her "hurt")

The disrespect she showed may be despicable, but the soldiers in that cemetery died specifically so that she'd have the right to do what she did.

I'm with Orvis and BR549. She was stupid, she now knows she was stupid, and the public shaming she's facing will teach her the lesson she needs to learn.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I think an employer could rightfully question her judgement.
    I'm not sure how much the soldiers who died would speak up for her right to spit on them.
    They'd probably think she was a real jerk.
    I mean, I know it sounds all noble and shit to say they died for her right to act like an idiot, but its just a sentiment.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Irony. You has it. :crackup:

8. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

She's just one small example of a lot of clueless imbeciles who live among us with no regard or respect for anything that should be held sacred. She's just another example of something to dislike from New England.......Patriots, Red Sox, etc... :D

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yep.

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Eh, don't really agree with her getting shitcanned but people need to think before they commit serial stupid.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

As I've said many times, most people on Facebook are too dumb to have access to a tool as dangerous as Facebook. Same for twitter.

14. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Yep, got a guy who owes me about $5000, finally found where he lives now thanks to FB.

15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Haha what a dumbass for posting that on her FB page.

16. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

I almost think (NOT making excuses for her)

this pic was done as a goof/spoof in reaction to the (just) the sign stating to be quiet and show respect. It obviously went horribly wrong, she didn't think it through or was aware of her surroundings.

One time I dropped trou and squated down for a photo op next to a sign that read "No Dumping" - it's pretty classic and hangs in a place of honor on my 'fridge, but holy cow bitch - Grab a clue!

Once again for the reading comprehension impaired:
    I am not making any excuses for, nor harbor any goodwill towards this dumbass broad!

On edit - I just read the link (I know, I know... I also read magazines from back to front...) and it seems my summation was spot on.
    Like me this broad and her photog friend probably watched too much Monty Python growing up, the difference is I STILL HAVE A JOB!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  17. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I agree Coop but a lot of other people didn't think it was appropriate. We all do a lot of stupid shit we just know better than to post it publicly on a social network.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

People don't have a sense of humor when it comes to dead soldiers. Why even take the chance?

I don't think someone should lose their job over that (unless touring the cemetery was part of the job) that she got stupid and it hurt.

19. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

The problem with her losing her job over the matter is that me and everyone else in this country who is gainfully employed will have to help underwrite her existence until she finds another job. I'm about tired of that. As someone already mentioned, there are two episodes of stupid here. The first was choosing to make such a disrespectful gesture in such a respectful venue. The second was choosing to post the gesture on the Facetoobs. What in the world made her think it was funny and that other people would think it was funny? Amazing.....absolutely amazing.

20. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Honestly, if there were pictures of all the dumb shit Ive done with 3 seconds of forethought, Id be in a LOT of trouble. I'm sure 99% of you guys would too.
    Disrespectful? Absolutely. However, I'm sure she didnt think to herself, Hey, Im going to disrespect all these people.
    Not sure one dumb moment is worth ruining the girls life over.