1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is getting ridiculous....School me on Los Angeles.

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Poo Poo Pants III, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Just kidding. I still have a house there. F.

Before I applied and got the job in Austin, I was trying to get into SpaceX for a while. I love aerospace and it’s the field I wanted to end up in. They had a hiring freeze back in June. Well the freeze is over and a recruiter emailed me a week ago. I sent over my new resume, a friend who’s an engineer that works there went and talked to the recruiter, switched the job they wanted me for and then unbeknownst to me write a letter of recommendation attached to my resume. Been through 2 preliminary interviews, 1 actual interview and now an in person panel interview.

They’re flying me out end of next week. I’m exicted. I haven’t seen my wife (pregnant currently) and 2 year old (in 4 days) in over 3 months and I get a chance to interview.

And no, I don’t need clothing advice this time. :crackup:

TheGrouchyCat, Ducti89 and Lawn Dart like this.
  2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Dang, congrats man. See how that clothing advice is working out? Get to wear it twice. :D

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I hope you get it. If you need clothing advice PM me.

MikeR, Phl218, BHP41 and 2 others like this.
  4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

<snicker> nice sandals <snicker>

Shenanigans likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why haven't you seen your wife and kid in 3 months? Felony conviction and a minimum security prison? :D

dtalbott and Sweatypants like this.
  6. 3 times! I wore it to a wedding 2 weeks ago. Do you think this ak-47 printed tie is appropriate? :crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Wife is still in school in LA. Last semester of RN school. She was going to move with my daughter end of December.

8. Send me a nice pair of jorts. Thanks.

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

IT WAS SUMMERTIME! JEEZ CUT ME SOME SLACK!

bleacht and rd49 like this.
  10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well look at you Ralph Lauren. :beer:

11. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

So is your wife greater or less than 3 months pregnant?

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Haha greater than 3 months. But not by much. Found out she was pregnant my first week that I moved to Austin.

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I don't have any 50/30s. Just 32/32s.

Mot Okstef and pickled egg like this.
  14. [​IMG]

This is appropriate right? :crackup:

No, I’ll go and get a tie to match their colors.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Props. :clap:

16. Must be frayed at least 1” at the bottom.

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Good Luck........I think?

I know you were pretty happy to leave...but now that you ruined Crashman's bike, it would be an appropriate time to come back. :D

18. To be fair it’s not “ruined” it just needs a new dog. I still ride it. :crackup:

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

It kind of screams "I might have a problem with your salary offer", so no.

20. I actually already had that discussion, twice. They don’t bother interviewing if the salary requirements don’t meet up. Which I’m grateful for, nothing worse than someone under cutting you 20k after wasting weeks of your time.

rd49 likes this.