1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things chicks dig.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Feb 8, 2024.

1. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

If my friends' experiences in this area are any clue the following applies:

And not just any half, YOUR half. (She of course keeps her half, too.)

2. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Maybe someone a few pages back brought this up, but women will give different kind of answers for what they want.

Their saying what they want may be an indication but I do not think it is actually what would please them. This is not limited to women. Men who actually know what they want are not going to tell their wives because it would mess things up.

3. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I think most people will not tell you what they actually want for fear of derision. What we actually want is so different than what we are socialized to want that we all pretty much subvert those wants and instead parrot what we've been socialized to say.

It doesn't help that what we want *now* changes by the moment, and we all are taught to appear consistent and rational no matter the current internal turmoil.

I've come to assume that every person wants *more* of whatever fires them up at that moment. Money, Power, Control over others, Sex, Drugs, Physical prowess, to be left alone, - the list goes on and on. The less self-control a person has over that want, the more it becomes problematic in life.
    That insight came from a friend who's a recovered user. I was with him and a group of others in recovery one night and the conversation turned to "what was your favorite drug?" After a few others answered, my friend just said "MORE. I wanted more of whatever". It was an aha revelation to grasp his meaning.

The wanting of *more* can lead to addictions and self-destructive behavior, especially the more a person feels unable to ever attain any of the wants. Obviously an over-simplification, but I'm sure that sociology, philosophy, and psychology texts that I've never heard of or read have been written about the subject.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
  4. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I like being Round smart knuckleheads.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I'm pretty 'round' these days myself.