1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There is no liberal bias in the MSM. I repeat...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by RoadRacerX, Aug 7, 2014.

1. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Makes sense.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

What is "things that make you say 'Duh', Alex"...

4. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

I wonder if they have a website with a forum or BBS. Y'all could have a cordial exchange of information and ideas. :D

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Not surprising and secret :crackup: it is just a closed list not unusual. It does further explain why they all go nuts in tandem better though.

The more interesting thing would be how many Democrats officials are on it.

6. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

The irony of the biased reporting in that article is the cherry on top. :crackup:

7. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

The other day Pelosi had something ridiculous to say and reminded reporter that "we need you to be the messengers for this". That's like me taking my dog for a "walk" and reminding him to take a dump.

8. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

The irony is that liberal journalists deny any bias, and point at Fox News screaming, "Faux News", mouthpiece for the republicans!

9. Joe Morris

Both are right. "News" is an entertainment industry catering to an audience. If you're not finding bias then you aren't looking.

10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

The problem lies when a watchdog media chooses what stories the public needs to see, such as the Benghazi scandal, IRS, fast and furious, etc. But you know that already.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The problem with the news channels, be it Fox, MSNBC CNN or the rest is not the bias. It's the sugar coated, dumbed down, TMZesq style of the reporting.

Watching the news is supposed to inform you of what is going on in the world and make you smarter, instead it tells you about surfing pandas, what is going on with some hollywood idiot trying to save the surfing pandas and it just makes you stupid.

12. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

You mean stories that don't quite fit their narrative, like when illegals kill an off-duty border patrol agent? I haven't seen any national coverage of this.

13. ton

ton Arf!

so you're saying the problem is the audience? ;)

14. Joe Morris

None of that is news to me either. I really like international coverage of U.S. news because they have a similar filter for actual news as I do.

15. Joe Morris

I'm not even watching that stuff. If someone is testifying before congress or there are legal proceedings then I tune in. If the talking points for the day are conjecture, opinion, or editorials then I tune that out. I can make all of those I care about in my head. But if people are entertained by that then the media offers 31 flavors at any given time. Take your pick! Comparing the different flavors that are meant to be different just doesn't interest me.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I try and catch BBC america news, NBC nightly at 7 and I dig MSNBC Morning Joe. The rest, I'll skip.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

As long as there are commercials during the news there will be bias. Got to sell that tv time!

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So you watched OJ?

Just kidding I generally don't watch news on TV as it is has less information than print at best. At worst it is drivel. I also tend to avoid 'news' videos on the web as they suffer the same issues.

19. Joe Morris

I swear the Zimmerman trial had 3 mentions: when he was arrested, when the state declined to pursue "Stand Your Ground", and when there was a verdict. How much media coverage did that episode get between those three relevant events?

20. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

That's just it, Joe. Congressional hearings, IRS officials testifying, State Dept. officials testifying are happening right now, and they barely get a mention in the MSM. If it were a republican admin, you can bet you'd be hearing about it non-stop. The corruption of the current admin is far worse than Nixon's, and for the biggest part the MSM has been silent.