1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "Who's Elmo?" Post

Discussion in 'General' started by thiam1, Dec 29, 2000.

1. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

I'm thinking he must live on a coast (East or West), as he seems to be a fairly good writer. Which means that if he lives on the East Coast, he must be living north of Virginia, in Yankeeland [​IMG]
    What do y'all think?

2. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

I think he lives in Sepang, Malaysia. Isn't that right, Buck?

3. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

Is that still considered Yankeeland?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anything that ain't down here is Yankeeland.

You know the only good thing about Alabama? It keeps Georgia from being slap up against Mississippi! [​IMG]

5. WERA74

Jeffro, you are all mind...

6. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

LOL

7. Elmo Buckweather III

Elmo Buckweather III Well-Known Member

YamahaRick "lives" in Georgia but posts from Japan.

I post from many places.

Not New Jersey.

You made geo-centric joke, yes?

Don't make fun my writing.

Buck

8. WERA74

You're doing fine, Buck. Keep it coming...

9. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Buck, you got it all wrong. I think it takes someone with a perfect mastery of English to write the way you do. Your mistake are crafted way too intelligently for you to really be a non-native speaker. I know what I'm talking about. I didn't grw up speaking English. So I can spot a fake foreigner when I see one.

10. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

To honor President Clinton and his famous redefinition of the word "sex", I think we should at this time ask for an exact definition of "foreigner."

Papa--Are you saying you are a genuine foreigner?

Buck--Where were you born?

JU

[This message has been edited by julrich (edited 12-29-2000).]

11. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

First came to the U.S. on vacation when I was 18. Don't have citizenship, not even a Green Card. Know that NASCAR is not racing. Know that there are other countries beyond the oceans lining the U.S. shores. Even know the names of some of those countries. Don't expect people to speak English to me when I travel abroad. Know that the Electoral College is a retarded process. Don't drink beer. Don't feel the need to carry a gun. Don't think of suing every time something happens to me. Does that make me a foreigner, your Honor? [​IMG]

p.s. before anybody gets offended and all patriotic on me, I LOVE THE US of A. If I didn't, I'd go home!

12. julrich

Welcome to America, dude! Any foreigner who races motorcycles can't be all bad!

JU

13. WERA74

You are all right, Mr. Ulrich...I don't care what Stickboy says about you...

14. Elmo Buckweather III

Elmo Buckweather III Well-Known Member

Indonesia. I go back there today. Many time I travel. Why don't you ask other people also? Tex insult me. Thiam call me name, question my English. Food tell me go away. Stick did insult me. You question my birthplace. Where you are born? New Jersey? Sleep with fish.

This post will be perfect, I think. Isn't it? I will try. It is difficult to switch between Malay and English. How many native Malay speaker you already meet? You are expert on the English they try?

I just like racing motorcycle. I am thinking this is good place to meet other such people. Practice English. Maybe not so.

Anyway I ride motorcycle. Race motorcycle. Not sit on seat, behind some dude.

I have meeting now. I will write again. Do not make insult anymore.

Do not be rude gangster like Tony Soprano.

I don't make fun your Malay. Don't make fun my English.

I don't laugh your funny BBS name. Don't you laugh my funny BBS name.

KMAMF.

It is American way.

Buck

15. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Elmo, let me give you a hint: next time you decide to impersonate a non-native speaker, sprinkle some typos throughout your stuff. Again, it's easy to see that a good amount of creativity goes into the mistakes you make. They are not natural, it is pretty obvious.

FYI: New Jersey is also a foreign country [​IMG]

16. julrich

Dude--

Yikes! It was just a question. And no, I'm not from New Jersey.

JU

17. WERA74

Elmo, don't take it personally.

18. WERA74

When was the last time you were in Metro NY?
    I speak 4 languages, excluding English, and still had a hard time. Must brush up on my Russian, Swahili, and Urdu (Pakistani).

19. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

huh, like, now, dude.

20. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

now c. i havent had time to say anyhting about ju yet ive been to busy cleaning the plastic parts oe your bike out of my truck. i think the old blue truck still has parts in it i need to give back to you.