1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

No direct experience but the reviews I have seen have all indicated that the product is very promising.

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

3. Venom51

Don't knock us just because you can't hang.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Good point. I usually don't go more than 30-40 minutes.

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Racist!

6. Venom51

If a piano player is a pianist...then well.....

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Where do you find this stuff used? Iracing forums or eBay? I’m going to need a good chassis to improve the pedal setup. So I’d like to buy something that is compatible with motion later.

8. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Buy a trak racer and be done with it. No sense thinking of anything else IMO.
    The aluminum profile one.

Gino230 likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

I have the GT Omega Prime, which is great for my purposes, but not sure how it would go with motion.

Gino230 likes this.
  10. Venom51

iRacing forums is a good spot. The facetube Marketplace might be good to grab something local to you. Most folks won't shipped a used chassis due to the complexity of breaking it down, packaging it and the cost.

11. Gino230

I’m leaning towards this Playseat:

https://www.playseatstore.com/product/playseat-sensation-pro-black-actifit

still compatible with motion if I choose to go that way later with the Dbox platform. Am I missing some disadvantages over the TR160?

right now I have the playseat evolution and it’s not bad for the price, but I’m ready for an upgrade. I have it propped up with some wood blocks and the monitor sitting on a desk- less than ideal. https://www.playseatstore.com/product/playseat-evolution-black-racing-suede

I’m
    thinking the biggest advantage over my current setup will come from load cell pedals.

12. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Dont have experience with the playseat, but I would guess the TrakRacer is going to have far more adjustability in terms of ergonomics. Also, being aluminum profile, you can make any sort of accessory work with it that you want (keyboard mount, mouse mount, shifter mount, button box mount etc), again, not sure how easy that would be wit hthe playseat.
    Also, if youre going to go motion, I would guess with the playseat youre locked into a specific motion mount. I cant imagine how the motion platform I have would mount to it, whereas it bolts onto a profile rig simple.
    I've had 2 different types of rigs before my current on, the first was similar to the first one you had, then one similiar-ish to the playseat (though far simpler and less expensive), and then I moved to the aluminum profile version (different brand from trak racer), and there is no way I would ever buy anything BUT an aluminum profile version again.
    But yes, load cell pedals will be the biggest difference before anything else.

Gino230 likes this.
  13. Gino230

BigBird likes this.
  14. Venom51

D-Box is stupid expensive. That frame will be hard to mount any motion to outside of one designed specifically for it.

15. Venom51

I don't like formula wheels either. I've got a boring old round wheel.

16. Gino230

Ok. I’m sold. The Trak racer is on the way. Now I have to make a deal on a wheel and some pedals. I have to do some research and see if what is for sale on the iracing forum is for me. We need to get on this shit pronto because as soon as I’m cleared to ride this will be on the back burner again. :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  17. Venom51

FYI...Inventory the TrakRacer shipment when it arrives. I had two additional shipments for things that I had too many of or not enough of in my shipment.

The profile chassis are popular due to ease of construction and the flexibility to change it up if it doesn't suit you. My TR160 isn't built per the instructions. Infact the entire monitor mount is off my old rig. I just made adjustments to the layout to accommodate the change. Actually my wheel deck isn't the stock one either. I used a spare for a P1X chassis that Huffdaddy had left over from his rig build.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
    Gino230 likes this.
  18. Gino230

Ok so I bought this guys Huiskenveld pedals and the VRS Direct Force Pro wheel base from the forum ad above.

when shopping for a wheel, are all of these things plug and play? The Cube Controls GT sport wheel looks cool but they are on holiday until the 8th so I have a few more days to shop around. And of course I have no clue when the chassis will ship yet.

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Did the base come with any wheel mounts ?

20. Venom51

Depends, anything I would recommend will be its own stand alone USB device. some of them are bluetooth and some are proprietary to the vendors platform. I tend to stay away from wireless and anything locked to the vendors eco system. Once you get the wheel base figure out what it has for a quick release and then go from there. If the wheel has a screen in it find out if it is supported by Simhub or if it requires the vendors software package to run the screen, LEDs and button assignments.

BigBird likes this.