1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Anyone happen to be in the Chicago area and want to pick up a free Fanataec setup? GT2 wheel, original clubsport pedals, shifters. Also have a playset as well. All works and the GT2 had belt replaced by factory at near end of warranty.

Moving Sunday so will hit the recycling center otherwise.

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Would you be interested in shipping the wheel & pedals ?
    I could use it for my PS3. None of my current equipment is compatable

4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I'll hit you up if I have a box and time left. Right now they're just coming with out of ease otherwise.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Any of you guys still racing? I finally got my Starlink, so I'm looking to build a sim rig over the next couple months to have something to do over the winter. On the fence about VR vs triples. I also want to get ms flightsim so I'm leaning towards VR. I see some used Oculus quest 2 in the $250-300 range (cdn) around here. I know they're discontinued, but is there better headsets I should look at, or are they still decent to get started?

I'll start chipping away at building a computer first over the next few months as finances allow, then go from there as deals on other hardware pop up.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I have both Valve Index & Vive Pro {with upgraded lenses} for sale once you're ready.

9. Venom51

Do you like having a sweaty head and tired neck...Go VR. If not..triples are always the answer....even when you want a sweaty head and tired neck.

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

There are fans available for most headsets now. And I used to do 2hr stints without having any neck problems.
    But, I'm happier with my 49" Curved .

11. Dan Dubeau

Curved is another option I was looking into also. I think a lot will depend on what's available cheap and used when I start buying stuff. I'm going to build the seat/stand myself, so can adapt whatever I want easily, and will design with upgrading in mind. I think I would still like triple screens (or one big curved and flat sides) in the long run, but really want to try VR, and would probably get that first, especially for flight sim. Summer busyness is coming to an end, so I'll probably get going on this late August/September as I'm able to start working more OT to pay for it, and have time to play.

12. drop

drop Well-Known Member

If anyone is interested the 10000 dollar to win pro dirt late model series points race sponsored by Morton Buildings starts back tonight

Will be a good one.

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

If you have good credit, you can get a pretty good deal from Samsung.

14. Dan Dubeau

Aside from a few big ticket items, this will be a relatively low budget build in bits and pieces whenever I have, and feel like lighting a couple hundred bucks on fire.

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

If you look a few posts back, you will see several FB links where you can find used bits.
    People are still unloading from the Covid lockdown.

16. Dan Dubeau

Ya, I've noticed quite a few decent deals on stuff lately like wheels, and chair rigs with triple screens. Unfortunately there is no extra cash right now to light up. If they're still there in the fall, they will be cheaper :D. I have patience.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

G Dawg likes this.
  19. Venom51

It's pretty good these days but it is not the same as being on track in the real world. It however a ton less work to get ready for a race. Door is open if someone wants to come by and try out the motion rig.

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

What did you get ?