The USPS/ups/FedEx rage thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Jun 27, 2020.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Dave, It must be different in the East.

Fed Ex delivers a set of Marvics to wrong house last year. Luckily neighbor was honest. I’ve literally had to make a big ass sign with house number on it red and they still deliver to wrong house as often as not.

UPS delivers order from Woodcraft to wrong house several months ago, their dog chews up the box and OOPS tells me it was delivered so not their responsibility.

USPS - literally have never had anything damaged or not delivered, and this past dumpster fire of a year on time or ahead of time.

DHL - have not used enough to have an opinion.

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

FedEx fucking sucks. For now the third time in a row, packages that were supposed to be delivered yesterday have now mysteriously dissappeared from their system and it shows no tracking at all. I'm about to the point where it's keeping me from ordering from vendors that I like, only because I refuse to use fucking piece of shit garbage ass FedEx and it's their only option.

UPS and USPS have been great by me. FedEx can choke on it.

rice r0cket likes this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Amen...

4. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Confirmed again this morning. Had two packages set for delivery today. Got an email this morning that says:
    "We were unable to complete delivery of your package"
    "Customer Not Available or Business Closed
    Recommended action : Delivery will be re-attempted the next business day."
    Delivery has now been changed to Tuesday and the packages appear to be sitting at their local hub.
    Since that email came at 7:00 this morning, they obviously never tried to deliver here, but somehow they make it look like I'm the reason they can't deliver it. This has happened multiple times. If they don't want to deliver on Saturday they should just say so.

britx303 likes this.
  5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Same exact thing for us countless times.

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

My neighbor that usually gets my stuff actually has a sign on his door that tells Fed Ex to check the package and make sure it’s not for me/my address before they leave it.

Fed Ex still delivers my stuff to their house.

7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I shipped a flat-rate box, via USPS, May 18. It was supposed to go IL>LA, straight south. It got sent to NYC and tracking hasn’t seen it since. My postmaster checked their camera tracking system and saw it go through the NYC inbound conveyor. I filed a claim on June 2, it arrived to the addressee on June 9, and I am still getting e-mail updates USPS is still looking for my box.

I had a box FedEx claimed they delivered, via e-mail notification. My house, garage, and shop form a courtyard around my driveway, and I live on a dead-end street. I and my dogs were outside in the shop/driveway, all afternoon. No FedEx truck was on my street and no FedEx driver stepped foot on my property. I asked FedEx for the GPS coordinate for the driver’s handheld, so I could see exactly where he delivered my box. They refused. I registered a complaint with the vendor and they had a replacement to me in 3 days.

I was talking to a postal clerk about delivery times, since my mail showed up ~6hrs later than normal, one day. He said Amazon is burying them and that they had as many parcels on that Tuesday as their busiest day ever. He said the postmaster stopped mail/parcel deliveries at 8:30pm that night. USPS corporate refuses to allocate them more employees.

8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I have a box on my counter shipped via USPS. Same street name, same addressee last name, same zip code, same city. But different house number and different addressee first name. Someone hand-wrote wrote my house number on the label with a question mark. I googled the first and last name, and got the address on the label. Someone, somewhere, inside USPS, can't read or process information that is correct. Or perform a 30 second search (okay, 60 seconds if you are on a slow connection) for a name and address.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Considering millions of packages and letters are delivered correctly, albeit late sometimes, I would say they all do a pretty good job.

It's still a miracle that we can get a package from England to the US in a day, sometimes less than a day, door to door is still amazing to me.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    Rising Sun, 23103a and ducnut like this.
  10. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Ordered a clutch mc kit from mg cycle Albany Wi on 12/2 made it to Oak creek Wi on 12/8. 94 miles, only 615 more to go I figure about 48 days left,USPS.:D:D:D

ducnut likes this.
  11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

FedEx sucks donkey balls. The only time I ever have issues with something being delivered it always involves a FedEx truck.

12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

USPS sucks as usual here. Waiting on my damn package 30 minutes away at a hub. Supposed to have been here Friday, and still not here. Around here , it’s not the holidays.....it’s all damn year like this

13. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I ordered an item. It was shipped from Tucker, GA on 11/13 via the UPS to USPS handoff. They call it "UPS Mail Innovations "

On 11/21 UPS scanned it onto the truck headed to USPS about 30 miles from my house in the Chicago area.

It hasn't been seen since, and USPS says they are still waiting for the package.

Where is my stuff?

Vendor isn't responding to my emails asking for them to file a claim.

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I've received 3 different neighbor's packages in the last 4 days from different handlers...then, I go deliver them.

Went to the dentist. The hygienist said that she received an Omah Steaks package (4 filets) by mistake and she knew the peeps were in the opposite apartment building. Then she laughed and said that she grilled the steaks that evening because she knew that they'd be replaced. How I wanted to punch that girl.

lazlo, tl1098, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That was the problem I had. Took three weeks before the USPS would admit that they lost the surface book. Vendor wouldn't issue a credit until the USPS admitted it wasn't bouncing back and forth between three or four centers as the automated system said. This in spite of my compelling argument that my "contract was with them, not the USPS. They were the ones that contracted for delivery. I wasn't given shipment options.

16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

They “lost” ~$170 worth of products. This was sent 11/30.:(

87CB2DCD-8C38-4620-95CE-C01B9821ABE8.jpeg

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Ask them if they tried looking at the drivers house.

ducnut likes this.
  18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I use Duke Cannon soaps. FedEx claimed they delivered it. I live on a dead-end street and I and my dogs were outside in the driveway, shop, or garage, the whole day. No delivery truck went down my street, at the time of notification. When I asked for a coordinate for where the driver’s handheld showed it was delivered, FedEx claimed they couldn’t pull that info. Bullshit! That handheld is GPS-tracked. The driver took home my badass-smelling soaps for himself.

19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Smell him when he comes back. :D

ducnut likes this.
  20. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

LOL! Dude would probably kick my ass.

jrsamples likes this.