1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The USPS/ups/FedEx rage thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Jun 27, 2020.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

you know..... Just a thousand mile detour for what should have been a 100 mile trip from phili to Baltimore. Should be in Baltimore in a week or so id imagine. Screenshot_20200627-123620.png

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Just the way hubs/distribution centers work these days.

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I suggest calling the distribution center, provide the tracking number, your name & address, then inform the customer service rep that you’ve waited long enough for your package and if you don’t get your package within 24 hours you will shoot the place up. Report back to the beeb your response. Video, if you can.

Suzuka_joe, flygirl and joec like this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

FED-EX suck donkey balls !! A few months back I ordered a complete Corvette exhaust system. The fuckbag left it out by the road next to the trash pick up. If I didn't spot the fucking thing on time it would have gone to the dump. Fuck Fed-ex...rant over. :mad:

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Fed ex ground sucks so hard....as been covered many times. A friend owns a route I. ATL. The "quality" of the driver pool very much affects their Sucktitude.

He is hopefully close to selling this dumpster fire.

tony 340 likes this.
  7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yep, good old FedEx. Wife ordered a new bed for one of the dogs. Shipped from Maryland, coming to PA, went to Kennesaw, GA yesterday and left from there today, suppose to be here tomorrow. Oops.

8. joec

joec brace yourself

There's a hub in phili..ordered from this place probably 50 times..I understand why it goes from bumfuck West Virginia to Cincinnati or Pittsburgh. It's literally 500 plus miles to Detroit from Baltimore and phili.. They just fucked it up..

9. Sabre699

SOP for these fools.

joec likes this.
  10. joec

joec brace yourself

It's funny you say that
    .a friend of mine was waiting for a certified letter that they misrouted and he called out of state and left a message on the post masters voicemail.. After not getting a reply the next day he called up there and threatened to go to Harrisburg and stab her in the face. 3 days later the letter showed up. 4 days after that 2 postal cops showed up at his door.. They let it slide, but apparently the state of Pennsylvania wasn't as generous.. He got a call from a state trooper requesting he come to pa and turn himself in. Which he did.

Weill in the end it cost him several thousand bucks, a year of probation and 40hrs of community service.

YamahaRick and BigBird like this.
  11. Sabre699

He should have said..."shit on her face".

joec likes this.
  12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

$1900 race award order that was supposed to be at my race on Thursday, was somehow magically changed to the following Tuesday.

I feel your pain.

13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

He possibly could have received a sex charge for that act and that’s a whole other can of worms. :rolleyes:

14. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

EVERYbody sucks these days, especially in the current environment. Shipping services have been slammed hard by stay-at-home orders, as consumers ramp up their online ordering for things they probably would have shopped brick-and-mortar in the past.

I've had issues with all of the big-3 over the last few months........nobody is immune.

BigBird likes this.
  15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Supermoto tire was supposed to be at my door a Thursday, and I rode that Sunday, well on Saturday I finally get a notice from USPS that it's at the local distribution center, called they say it's out for delivery, mail comes nothing... Call again nope still at the center but can't tell more so I haul ass 30 minutes to the center and ask if I come in and luckily the lady took pity and went and searched the building for the tire.
    Oh and the time a couple years ago FedEx wouldn't give me my forks for a week because they were at the Bottom of a pallet even marked fragile..

16. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I returned a pair of ill -fitting shoes around Easter for the oldest and was told the new ones would show up May 27.

Apparently the slow boat from China they were on sank, was salvaged, captured by pirates, saved by the Goonies, and then raided by the ATF when it hit the dock for cocaine stuffed pineapples.

But hey, the seller gave me a tracking number with a status of “USPS Notified” and said if they don’t show up in another half-month I will be refunded.

17. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

If that pissed you off try the Virgin islands. I received a Christmas present in May once. I ordered something with tracking from Florida , took 2 months. When I mail something on STT to a local address they send it to Puerto Rico and then back to STT

18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Supply chains have been buttfucked since March. Get used to it.

Between gang problems, supposed sterilization sweeps, employees taking advantage of that extra sweet gubment cheese while staying at home and others doing the self-quarantine two-step, real or not - the various shipping distribution centers have all kinds of problems you’re not hearing about.

Stack on the fact that etail is where it’s at, be happy you see whatever you ordered sometime before you assume room temperature.

AMac, Greenhound386 and joec like this.
  19. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Most intelligent comment in here so far.

Some of you guys complaining should go try a week in a hub. Or start your own delivery business since some of you seem to know the most efficient way to route something (while still making a profit). Supply chains are a mess right now, and that's putting it politely. The frontline workers are busting their asses right now to deliver stuff that other folks are too afraid (or lazy) to go out and buy. The staffing situation is a nightmare. Volume spikes are unprecedented for this time of year, and that's not a great thing - residential shipments are typically lightweight and low density. Simple example: think about the profit/revenue difference of delivering a heavy multiple-package shipment to a business versus driving out to a gated community to deliver a 2lb box with a pair of shoes in it. Reliability numbers are still in the very high 90s (~97% - 98%), but it's the ~2% whose package was late that make all of the noise.

A. Barrister likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've had absolutely no new issues with any of them even with the huge increase in business. Same old stuff with FedEx ground being hit or miss and Amazon told you ahead of time some items wouldn't be in the normal Prime timeframe so no big deal. I've actually been pretty impressed with them to be honest.