The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup::beer:

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gfarmer, with Pramac I think they say have a lot of say who they hire as riders. Shit, Ducati and the red smoke company pay their riders. With Team Xaus, I'd bet they collect their ease fees and don't care much beyond making sure the check clears.

G 97 likes this.
  3. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice WSBK HRC has rented Aragon for a few days in a private test to exclude everyone from the property. Should be interesting

Quicktoy, The Great One and rcarson15 like this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

:D
    I can understand this. A good way for them to get more Ducati presence on track while extending some return out of their prior year bikes while not having to take on or utilize a huge amount of their own resources.
    Sign me up. :D

5. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Team ERC Endurance (formerly riding BMWs) are goin to run Ducati’s For the 2020 FIM EWC season with official Ducati backing.

Senna likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Can/will they bring in someone like Marquez to help setup the bike at a test like this? I mean they won’t with his surgery but is that option there for Honda? Or too dangerous to risk him on a wsbk? What about Cal or Naka?

7. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

You realize he had surgery done yesterday?

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You would think they would bring someone who is actually going to ride the bike in WSBK.

stk0308 and Quicktoy like this.
  9. Quicktoy

Lol about the surgery... did you read my whole post before quoting?

And I figured they’d want their best riders in the world to also give some input is all.

10. dieterly

He’s obviously giving input to his current but that hasn’t really helped the other Honda riders...

11. Quicktoy

Or maybe they’d be 3 seconds behind him without his input. I dunno. Was just wondering if they’d utilize their top riders for setup and input is all.

12. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

When was the Last time 93 rode a superbike ?

13. Quicktoy

3 months ago. Granted not a full superbike.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

16. dieterly

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Any word on Anna Carrasco's ride on the ZX10 at Jerez? I saw a clip but no times.

18. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Not really testing the bike, but Rossi rode the WSBK R1 in 2010 after snapping his leg. It was more of a test to see if he could ride at that level as he was healing up.

IIRC, he rode faster than the folks did during the race the day prior.

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

1:53.416

Steeltoe likes this.
  20. Quicktoy

She’s only 14 seconds off Rea.
    Gerloff continuing to adapt around 2 seconds off Rea in P12. Toprak killing it as I knew he would on the Yamaha.