1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Joys of VIR and my thoughts

Discussion in 'General' started by gixxerfever, Mar 14, 2006.

1. gixxerfever

gixxerfever Well-Known Member

First off i want to thank tall my sponsors for making my racing possible. also a huge thanks to the WERA crew for putting another great weekend... all the WERA ladies for a fantastic job and all the corner workers for doing a fantastic a superb job.

Now I want to thank the fine riders that didn't run me over when i looped the fuc(bike)ker off the start, i got throttle happy and decided to dump the clutch hahhaha :wow: :wow: my ass still hurts!!! and want to thank the WERA guys for helping me out.

Thank you to the DUNLOP crew and The guys at CTR for all your help...

now i'm hearing mixed stories... did ADAM beat chad? if yes then he won the argument right? this stuff is really funny...

and a really good question for MONGO, is there a way to have a printed list of all pre-entered riders at tech so they can just go straight to tech and then set the bikes on warmers etc and then stand inline to get their credentials???
    I think this might alleviate a lot of headaches... whatcha think??? just a suggestion....

ONCE again WERA and its competitors rock!!!!

2. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I watched you loop it. Very scary moment. Glad you got out of it unscathed. Good thing the bike went right because 3/4 of the second wave didn't see the red flag at the tower.

3. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

gian you boner. you were "that guy" who looped it on the start? jagazz..... dont tell me that was your first race of 2006 ?

did justin go down there ??

4. davegsxrold929r

davegsxrold929r Well-Known Member

glad you are ok., i heard about it., was told you were fine and out racing again

call me.. tomorrow., wed...

5. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

:D

he was "that guy"....well put

6. gixxerfever

oh i was that guy alright!!! a total bonehead moment but everyone has had a close one and i had it!!!

JP yeah that was my first race of 2006 hahaha i hadn't been on a bike since Barber... so i was rusty to say the least hhaha... Yeah justin and danny came down too, it was a fun filled weekend... you guys missed out....

Justin had a little incident on T1, he couldn't stop the bike and went straight and tipped it at the last minute, Danny got taken out... Everyone is doing well except my coolie...

7. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

8. gixxerfever

Maybe he was trying to play it off like "see i beat you and my bike wasn't even running right", that is funny though!
    Granted Chad wanted to beat Adam on an inferior bike and it backfired on him, and then he went to prove that he can do far better on a better bike by beating Adam by 5 seconds, i can totally appreciate that...

Congrats to Chad, he rode well this weekend all around.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah it wasn't playing it off.

The inferior bike thing was more me than Chad but he ran with it, it got to the point where he more curious to see what it could do than anything. It did run the fastest lap of the race even if he didn't win :D

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, Chad had as much fun just working on the DRZ. I think those cheater forks on the bike really helped his lap times. :D

It was just hella cool all in all.

11. gixxerfever

seeing all this fun in motards makes me want to bring out my Yammy out...
    What was chad riding when he turned the 43's? was it the DRZ still or was it another bike?

Can't wait for Summit, see you all there!!! :beer:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Chad did a mid or high 43 on his YZF450.

The DRZ's best lap was a 52.339 which still has me grinning :D

13. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

a :43 on a motard is f'n impressive. What do they give up about 5-10 seconds on the front straight?

14. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Yeah, I'm seriously impressed. But Chad was impressive on track all weekend. And this was only his second visit to VIR IIRC. :beer:

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

you guys are makin me tear up..................

ok, i'm over it now. :D

seriously, thanks for the commpliments guys.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Chad sucks because I can't remember how to pronounce his last name.

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Bach(like the composer)-en-ee

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

see, I kept doing it with an ay at the end, yep you suck!

19. bp@RiderSurance.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Red Gixxer? If so i was 2 rows back and got a hell of a view and almost ran over you LOL. I thought you were doing a 12 oclcock wheelie. Really it looked it came up in first then went down a little bit but then seemed like you hit second and then bam. I was trying to figure out which way to go because the bike went left then right then left and back to the right. Glad your ok.

Brandon Parrish

20. gixxerfever

Brandon,
    It happened on the start of the MW Solo it was a red r6, had to be it, i was the only dumbass that looped it haha Thanks for not running over my mellon.!!!
    Gian