1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

That Hamilton penalty was a joke.

CRA_Fizzer and mike w like this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't think the stewards actually watch the race. They just listen for names on the feed them pick a penalty out of a jar.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I wonder if @Yzasserina is juicing her jockeys? Alonso is 42 today!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I thought they wanted close exciting racing, but then they continue to penalize it. WTF stewards?!

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  5. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

RB sure has the stewards in their back pocket. What a bullshit call.

6. rwdfun

rwdfun

Ricky-ardo. Not doing so hot. Perez can breathe a slight sigh of relief but still being embarrassed by Max. Sure would like to see someone like Piastri, Norris or Russel in that 2nd seat. Leclerc would be interesting if Ferrari haven’t ruined him.

7. rwdfun

rwdfun

Hehe. Doesn’t really mean much but you know Lewis taking the fastest lap will annoy Max just a little. Max will probably admonish someone at RB about that behind the scene.

RB running out of people to accept the team trophy. Pretty soon, the janitors will be standing up there. Maybe they should run a contest where one lucky RB consumer gets to stand on the podium. Like a golden ticket. Bet sales will soar

Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
  8. CRA_Fizzer

Now they docked Hamilton 2 points on his license. So stupid.

9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

For what? That sprint race incident?

10. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

Seeing Verstappen just hunt Checo down was a bit anti-climactic but overall not too bad.

Watching the cars just blast through Eau Rouge kicking up sparks from bottoming out on the way up was amazing. The elevation gain on that part of the track really is impressive. I’d love to drive it one day.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

F2 cars have been letting out big puffs of white smoke every time they hit the compression at the bottom ever since they switched to turbo engines a few years ago. There's another truck where they do that, I can't remember for sure at the moment. I'm picturing the approach to turn 1 in Austria but I could be wrong.

12. CRA_Fizzer

Yep

13. L1MTD

L1MTD Well-Known Member

Before I state my opinion on how to fix F1 (applicable to Indy, MotoGP, MA etc) I’ll say I’ve watched almost every race since Schumacher was with Benneton. Mostly just to say I’m not a new to this/Drive to Survive casual.

But all racing has turned into tire and fuel saving exercises. The only exciting racing these days, again IMO, comes from the sprint races.

To keep pace and attention with a new generation (and old…..I’m old), there is no reason any race should be more than 20 laps, or whatever it should be to not necessitate a complete focus on tire management.

MotoGP sprints and MA (most SBK races have been great to run counter to my argument a bit) are about the only watchable racing anymore.

IMO…..

DrA5 likes this.
  14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The west side of LV strip is closed off and being repaved. Sands is repaved and the Sphere is turned on, but has glitches. Only one lane open as well, not sure if they are going to leave it that way to let it cure all the way to the race or not. Seems crazy to keep it so closed off that long, but they may.
    I still think it's going to be a shit show, but they are paving at least

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  15. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

16. rwdfun

rwdfun

Chino52405, chobes and brex like this.
  17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Danny Ric out with a broken wrist…most likely out next weekend too

18. CRA_Fizzer

Anyone else want to punch Damon Hill in the taint? He sure likes to hear himself talk.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Nah....I'll just punch him in the nose, you can have his taint:D

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The second the announcers said that Logan Sargeant was the first American in 30 years (Michael Andretti) to make it to Q3.......he crashes:(