1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Al everyone likes :)

Discussion in 'General' started by dsting, Jul 23, 2009.

1. dsting

dsting ouch, brake, ouch

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Awesome - Al Wilcox is the man :up:

3. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Seeing pics of Al bring back fond memories of my dad... :)

4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

"I'm fast with the flag!" :D

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I've got to get back up that way to see Al before he retires. I'm so glad he's still doing his thing.

6. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

he is the reason i go to summit!!! :bow:

7. joec

joec brace yourself

correct me if im wrong, but arent dirt track races are all started with lights now.

al's one cool dude. wish i could make it out to hagerstown. its a half mile.

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Al's great.

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Al is the bomb diggidy :up:

10. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

"No con jobs here!"

:D

11. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I love that cat...

"Meatball, Meatball"

12. Roger Lyle

Roger Lyle Well-Known Member

Al Wilcox has been flagging WERA races for 36 years ! He will be the Grand Marshal at the AMA Pro Flat Track races at Hagerstown, (Md.) Speedway, under the lights on Saturday night the 25th. He willl be recognized and commended for his lifelong dedication to motorcycle racing and the racers. At 90 years young and nominated for the AMA Hall of Fame, he is still working at the racetrack and is getting warmed up for the WERA National at Summit Point Raceway the next weekend, August 1st. 2009 marks 50 years for Al as "Starter to the Stars".

It is always an honor to be around Al Wilcox, National #49. He is motorcycle racing's National Treasure.

We hope to see you at the racetrack. Peace, Race on. :up:

13. DSM79

DSM79 Well-Known Member

AMEN!!! I had the honor of sitting next to this gentleman at dinner in New Jersey after Roger Lyle's track day at NJMP, and the stories this guy tells are awe inspiring. Al Wilcox is the man and God help me that I am that lucid and in shape at 90. You are the man Al!

14. dsting

dsting ouch, brake, ouch

Indeed.

15. rpang13

rpang13 Well-Known Member

Tickets

Anyone know how to get tickets to the races? When I click on "buy tickets" it sends me to Hagerstown Speedway's Web-Site and I can't find a place to buy tickets there? Tried calling their # and they left at 4:00 today. Can anybody help?

16. Roger Lyle

Roger Lyle Well-Known Member

Buy your tickets when you arrive at the gate. Hagerstown Speedway is on Rt 40 west of Hagerstown by about 7 miles. Gates open at 2:30 with practice at around 5 pm and qualifying at 7pm and final races at 9:30.

AL Wilcox will be in the pits and at the starting line and will be interviewed sometime, and greeting fans in the pits after the races.

Wear your Al Wilcox shirt so we can find you easier.

17. rpang13

rpang13 Well-Known Member

Great, thank you, Sir.

18. sward

sward Active Member

No pink jumpsuit? Must be at the cleaners.

19. WERA 904

WERA 904 Well-Known Member

On my first race win I had the honor of Al giving me the checker!

20. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I really wish I could be there to see Airbone Al receive ths honor. You're a real piece of work, Mr. Wilcox!