1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks From Markb

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, May 9, 2007.

1. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

+1

:stupid:

2. wes

wes Well-Known Member

Encouraging NEWS!

Mark-
    Just want to post this ENCOURAGING info that we found... It is an article about a quadriplegic named Major Ron Upton that fully recovered and ran a marathon! :bow: :up:

Here is the link to the article from the Army News Service:
    http://www.army.mil/-news/2007/04/2...an-major-beats-odds-to-recover-from-accident/

And a video about the same man was on the Kansas City Fox tv news channel at:
    http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=6.1.1

Also, check out the story about another quadriplegic man named Patrick Rummerfield who fully recovered also and ran The Ironman Triathlon in Hawaii and other marathons. His story can be found at:
    http://www.rummerfield.com/

Mark, don't give up hope and don't give in! You can recover from this too!

3. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Big News!!! Sam and I got married! Here are the pics….

We got married a little over a week ago, in the small chapel here at the Shepherd Center. Only my parents and Sam’s wonderful daughter were present (plus a few nurses that snuck in at the back…).

We are still having the celebration at Barber on September 22nd, but we just really wanted to be married NOW. Strange thing, but we just took the decision and went for it. Recently life has been a lot more spontaneous than it used to be – why wait for good things if you can make them happen now….

Sam look absolutely stunning, and her daughter did too….honestly, the simplicity and lack of planning/headaches, made this one of the most genuine and heartfelt moments that we have ever had. I wish we could have shared it with more, but that would have involved so much of the practical hassle that might have spoiled it.

We are really excited about the celebration in September though, with people flying in from all over, we will try to throw a really good party, and you are ALL invited.

As far as my progress goes, mostly its been good. There have been plenty of difficult moments and set-backs, but we found our way around them in the end. I can’t wait to get out of this place. Just so you know, my wedding night was spent in a bed for one, sharing a room with 3 other grown men…… fortunately, we had already “pre-consumated” our wedding earlier, otherwise that would have been a problem.

Thanks again for all the best wishes that continue to come my way, sometimes times are rather tough for me here, and they help me so much. And I am so happy to be married, Sam is a real life angel for sure.:up:

Pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

....Moose owes me commission for this one...;)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  4. Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell Hoping to pass tech

Great news Mark. :up:

I wish you much happiness together.

5. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

Congrats Mark:beer: :beer:

6. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Congrats, Mark. I need the actual date of the wedding, city it took place in and the lovely bride's name, please. Send it to [email protected] .

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very cool!

8. Drew 913

Drew 913 Well-Known Member

Congrats. I was wondering if you would fess up on the BBS. You told my mother-in-law at Shepherd last week...

9. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

Congratulations!!!!

10. Fassina4

Fassina4 needing some sleep

Fantastic News!!!!!!!

11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Congrats :clap: :clap:

12. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Congrats dude!!!

13. rydfree

rydfree Well-Known Member

Great Mark ! The girls look awesome , you look like a damn Brit :)

14. stanleyboy

stanleyboy Well-Known Member

hope we can still kiss the bride at barbers....no wonder we had not heard from you in a while...i am thrilled for you....you have got 1 fine woman...

15. hrvat2

hrvat2 Well-Known Member

Way cool Mark :up: Congrats!

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

She's waaaaaaaaaay too hot for you but KICK ASS anyways! :up:

17. Don't tell mom

Don't tell mom Well-Known Member

I am so happy for the two of you that I have no words, this is all I have :) :up: :wow: :beer: :beer: :beer: :Pop: :clap: :clap: :clap:

18. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

congrats mark. we need more people in this world like you and sam.

19. melanie

melanie not a dude

Smiley whore.

I know I told you that while you were typing, but I had to post it for the world to see. And I can't even moon you because you screwed my image count.

BTW, MarkB, congrats on the nups man! Heal up quick.

20. 418

418 Expert #59

Nothing more admirable than a woman standing by her man in the time of need.

Mrs.B has my deepest respect.