1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks From Markb

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, May 9, 2007.

1. Cooper Girls

Cooper Girls New Member

Mark, Take it from your female cheering section, and I think we would all agree...you will still attract the finest ladies from across the room!! And all of the men who have lost their masculine shape for a weaker one (for no apparent reason) will still envy you!
    Your last post, however heart wrenching, proves to everyone that you are human. We were really starting to think that you were some sort of super-human not letting any of this shake you. We can only imagine how long and hard of a battle it will be, but your "Life #2" will be just as full and adventurous as your last! Maybe even more. Sounds like you have at least a thousand people rallying behind you and are ready to pick you up when the days are tough. We still think about you everyday and are cheering you on from afar!

Stay strong and give those doctors something to talk about!

2. scotth

scotth Banned

not to threadjack, but, scuba steve from the jennings list? I don't get over there much--what happened to you? you're in a chair?

3. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Yup thats me! ya i'm in a chair I broke my neck 2 years ago racing at Homestead. 30mph highside on a warm-up lap!

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You know we have to give you shit for crashing on the warm up lap right? :D

5. corsameltin

corsameltin Well-Known Member

rules are rules:D

6. Scuba Steve

Ya I know I laugh about it all the time! At least after Barney doing it this weekend I know i'm not the only one :D

7. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

Talk about shit timing... I'm sitting with Vincent Haskovec in T3 watching the races, talking about Barney and then he gets spat off... That pretty much sucked.

8. Scuba Steve

Ya i talked with Barney last night. He said Vincent was sitting in the turn when it happened. I was going to give him shit about joining me as warm-up lap crashers but he was still pretty bummed. He said Vincent looked awesome!

9. jarcoco

jarcoco shimmy shimmy coco puff

hang in there, pal.
    -coco

10. gawarrior

gawarrior Well-Known Member

Hey Mark...you are still in the daily prayers bro.

My friend Ron told me he came by to visit you with Doug. They both were very optimistic for you. Keep your chin up bro, you never know what the good lord has instore for you!

-chad

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gotta wait til he heals as much as possible. Then it's on.

12. Hammer

Hammer Well-Known Member

Mark, you do have alot of work and learning ahead of you. Butyou have someone by your side to help you that apparently loves you very much. You have learned how to go fast on a motorcycle which is hard for alot of people which shows you your determination capability. Take that spirit and determination and move forward in life.

Still thinking of ya, and praying too.

13. Lori11

Lori11 Well-Known Member

Hey Mark, hope you are doing well, praying for you and yours everyday! Hope you give us an update soon, we like hearing from you!

14. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Well its been a busy couple of days, so I wasnt really able to write....
    Basically, my bowel issues were solved in somewhat dramatic style (was a bit like being up shit creek without a paddle or a canoe....).

thanks for all the messages of well-wishes, they all mean so much to me. Its great to hear from the Columbia lot, i cant wait to see you all....
    Thanks Stacey for the card, very uplifting. Thanks everyone for the messages (guess I just repeated myself there...)

I cut back on my medication to help sort out the damn bowel issues, so its been much more painful these past days. Also the physical therapy girls have been working me hard. However, I have to tell you all that today I managed the following:
    -dressed myself with no assistance (incluidng socks and sneakers)
    - got up from lying position, to sitting, to scooting on a board into a chair.

These were both kind tricky, painful, and took an eternity, but they show that i am ahead of schedule, which is good.

Tomorrow I get a manual chair, instead of the electric one. Although I still have to wait for my left wrist to repair - that will still hold me back.

NExt I will post a video of the crash.......

15. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

You are an amazing person Mark, and you are in my prayers. Sounds like you are doing good, keep up the great work. :)

16. Lori11

Lori11 Well-Known Member

Good to hear Mark! Keep up the good work, we are all praying for you! Hope you enjoyed the photo's!

17. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

:crackup: Mark, thanks for not going into the detail you went with me on the phone tonight (altho i had tears in my eyes laughing about that).

18. Lori11

Lori11 Well-Known Member

I second that and thank you :p

19. T-Shirt Racing

T-Shirt Racing Well-Known Member

Re-MARK-able update! You continue to impress us all as you work so hard on your recovery. I'm still praying for you daily, and hope to come down from North Carolina to see you if that's OK. Blessings to you, John

20. 418

418 Expert #59

Theee, heeee, heee. :D

I was talking to my father in law yerstoday and we got onto a converstaion about his oldest brother. I couldn't help but to think of you. Making a long story short, he was in a car accident some years ago, was paralayzed from the neck down and was told he'd never walk again. It took a while but he recovered fully and I certinaly couldn't tell anything this serious has had ever happend to him from meeting him for a brief while.

I'm a realist, but miracles do happend Mark. You can't lose the sight of the fact it all belongs to God and His will. Keep working hard and always believe there is light at the end of this tunnel. Even if you're stuck with this "new life".

p.s. I don't mean to sound like "Mr. Inspiration" every time I post, but I just want to make sure you know that it's not all bad and things happed for a reason. You're going to go on to do bigger and better things, you just don't know it yet... And there I go again. :)

Last edited: May 22, 2007