1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla Truck reveal happening now.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I just wanna say here that pretty much all of the youtube reviewers and owners are blown away by this thing. I haven't heard anything negative yet. Its basically a paradigm shift in what we expect in vehicles (range excepted).

3. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Ugly as fuck. The Aztec is happy to give away the title after 20+ years.

stk0308, evakat, StaccatoFan and 2 others like this.
  4. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Perhaps clever people at Tesla are only releasing the new model to the die-hard Tesla fans, to ensure a smooth rollout with rave reviews. That's what I would do on a launch like this. I have yet to see one on the road, or know anyone who has one doing the "regular guy with a truck" kind of work with it.

Honestly, I don't care about this product just because it's so fugly. I don't wish for it to fail, nor care enough for it to succeed. I laughed when my wife asked me if we should buy one.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  5. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I’ll believe “regular guys with a truck” will buy this pile of hipster techno style when I see one with a ladder rack on the back at a job site. Not exceptionally likely I’m betting. More likely you’ll see it preening on the boulevards with a “check me out bro” guy behind the wheel.

R1Racer99, AC1108 and brex like this.
  6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Or stuck off-road and being pulled out by a real truck.

tl1098 and AC1108 like this.
  7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I would think it would be as good as any big heavy truck with a boatload of torque off road. Put the right tires on and it should be fine.

And in case you haven't noticed, there are an awful lot of pickup trucks that are not being driven by contractors. Likewise, they are not towing or hauling anything that a Santa Cruz or Maverick couldn't handle. In other words, there is a large portion of the pickup truck market that isn't made up of "regular guys with a truck". Not saying that market will all get Cybertrucks, but enough will to make it a success. At least for a while.

Contractors wanting an electric pickup will get the Chevy. Unlike Tesla, they built it with them in mind. That Chevy would be perfectly happy dragging a modest size landscape trailer around the suburbs. It should have enough left-over juice to charge up their electric leaf blower batteries between jobs as a bonus.

Razr likes this.
  8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I see your point very well but then again, there's plenty of the Carolina Squat crowd and other Pick Up fashionistas are out there...

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Walter White made the Aztec cool. Even he cannot make this turd shine.

11. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

They make $$ renting these out as many days a year as possible. The rental cars also need to be presentable. When someone dents a Tesla door and Tesla tells you we’ll see you in 4 months for an assessment before we even order parts, who’s gonna rent that car out with a dented door in the meantime?

tesla really dropped the ball on that aspect of things. Well, on many things. Go read Reddit posts about teslas updating themselves like an iPhone and bricking themselves, or available option just being removed or wipers now working differently….smh.

12. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

We really like our Tesla for what we use it for, but you're right about the updates. We've had several buggy updates and they can be most annoying. One of the most recent ones somehow deactivated my wife's iPhone as a valid key. Since I (with my phone) was nearby when she left the house it started just fine. But after she drove somewhere the car wouldn't start. She could use the phone to enter the car but not to start it. I had to drive out there with a key card just so she could get back home.

Another recent update reset my option to leave the mirrors alone when I put it in reverse. By default Tesla aims the mirrors at the ground when you put it in reverse, something I really don't understand. I want to see the crap beside the car so I don't run into it, not what's on the ground. I honestly can't see anything useful with them looking down at the ground. Why they think that's a good idea is beyond me. Anyway I was backing it into the carport last night and noticed they had taken to looking at the ground again.

And since I'm whining about Tesla updates breaking useful stuff, back when we first got the car it would automatically select my profile (or my wife's) depending on which cell phone was being used as you approached the driver side door. As soon as you opened the door the seats and mirrors would move into position for that profile. Sweet. But since an update several months ago that quit working, so after my diminutive spouse has been driving it I have to reach in past the seat and select my profile manually before I try to put my big old ass in the seat or I need someone to come with a winch to pry me back out.

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Weird...my manual seats are always where I left them when I got out. Ohh the burden on man having to pull a lever and move a seat.

dtalbott, 03RumbleBee and Banditracer like this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Hey, it comes in handy when you’re suffering left leg fatigue when driving a real truck in traffic.

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

There are too many solutions in search of problems these days. All most all that shit does is make a car heavier, complex and unreliable for the sake of convenience.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
  16. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Kids?

17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Tesla didn't come up with this crap- it's a Lexus thing too and I hate it also. Our LS had a button to easily stop it, haven't figured it out yet on the GS

18. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Parking stripes is my guess

19. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

The whole mirror moving thing is most likely for seeing the curbs while parking. A million years ago when I got my driver's license, it was a technique we used for parallel parking.

But I don't know. With such a complicated car, seem like a simple thing that should be customizable.

dtalbott likes this.
  20. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I think its to see the lines when you back into the supercharger stations.