1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tapatalk Plug In

Discussion in 'General' started by Newyork, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Good Morning Y’all,

I used to play in here via Tapatalk until this past weekend when it stopped working. I cannot log in through the app anymore.

Anyone else having this issue?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I increased the security for that ap a year or two back but that shouldn’t have affected much. When is that last time, before today, that you used it here?

3. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

It was working fine on Thursday-Friday but since it won’t let me log in. I changed my password and tried logging in and out of Tapatalk. I even tried to delete the app completely and reinstalled but that didn’t do it. It tells me my log in information is incorrect everytime. When I try to reset the password in Tapatalk it won’t let me so I changed it via the website.

dahustler71 likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Use your damned thumbs like the rest of the peons.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

yeah, it hasn't worked for a few days, i think from Saturday

Newyork likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’ll look at it later.

Newyork likes this.
  7. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

That is Appreciated…thank you.

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Same issue for me. Thank for checking into it when you get a chance Dave.

9. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Maybe I’m doing it wrong but I still use my thumbs when using Tapatalk. It just makes forum surfing a little easier that’s all

10. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i noticed an issue over the weekend also

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I didn’t notice shit.

— Sent from my none of your damn business using unicorn farts

12. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I’m having the same issue.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Is it just here or other sites as well?

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Try it now.

Edit - never mind for now. I had to turn it off for now. Ill work on it later again.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  15. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

For those that use it … What is the advantage to tapatalk. Im assuming it’s talk to text but for forums? (From the name)
    This is the only forum I frequent and just use a web browser from my phone or computer.

16. 2blueYam

It is an app that basically ties into forums.
    I find it easier to navigate and read vs the web browser on my phone.

dahustler71 and BigBird like this.
  17. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Tapatalk changed their TOS not too long ago, and it ticked off a lot of forum operators. GarageJournal stopped allowing it a while ago - from the site owner over there:

The Basics:

The Garage Journal App is ran by Tapatalk. On top of that, some of you use the generic Tapatalk App to access the site as well.

The History:

We began using the BYO Garage Journal App and supporting Tapatalk very early in the game. As such, we were sort of grandfathered in to their old TOS.

The Change:

Since we've changed from VB to Xenforo, Tapatalk no longer wants to honor the original TOS.

The Effect:

If we run on the new Tapatalk TOS, Tapatalk will gain access to your forum cookie and begin tracking you even when not on garagejournal.com. They also store all external link clicks from websites indefinitely with no ability to delete the data or stop the tracking. One top of this, it would be well in their rights to sell this data that they collect - including your email address.

These offenses are so bad, that Tapatalk was removed from many app stores earlier this year.

rice r0cket likes this.
  18. 2blueYam

Thanks for the update. Sounds like it is time to switch back to using the Web Browser for my forums.

19. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

It's not an advantage, it's just from a time (like 10 years ago) when viewing mobile content on phones wasn't great. Nowadays, it makes everything worse IMO.

XenForo has some skins that have a built in mobile version, @Dave K should hook it up and ditch Tapatalk.

Tapatalk is also based out of China, which is never good if anyone is concerned about data privacy.

BigBird and DucatiBomber like this.
  20. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I just use it when I want to add a picture to a thread. And yeah, it wants a new login but a few other forums are still good.