1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tally season opener trackday/practice 2-15/16

Discussion in 'General' started by ToddClark, Jan 16, 2014.

1. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

With Mongo's permission, I'd like to let you guys know about a trackday weekend at Tally the weekend prior to the season opener.

Feb. 15/16
    Sat. Ed Bargy racing school in conjunction with a 3 group trackday

Sun. 3 group trackday.

Standard format trackday, racers should sign up in advanced group while the slower guys go in novice and intermediate.

This is a co-hosted event between Ed Bargy Racing School and "Story of Hope". Story of Hope, its a newly formed chraity for civilians in war torn areas, founded by Dr. Laura Ellis. The charity's website for this is still under construction, but Dr. Ellis's website is http://mymedage.com/drellis.html

So, here's a chance to not only help this foundation get off the ground but also for you guys to get in some good setup/seat time for the WERA opener the following weekend, and like i said, Bargy is holding the school on Sat. so you guys that have been wanting to take a school for this season, here's your chance to do it early.

If this thing does well, she would like to make it an annual event. :up:

http://edbargy.com/HOPE.htm

Thanks Sean for allowing them to post this up here. Hopefully we'll get a good turnout, good weather, and racers will be able to benefit with some early season seat time.

--
    Todd Clark

2. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Hope I have my bike by then.
    I will be there if I do

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Wish I could afford two weekends, I'd come get in B group so you could show mw how to go fast! I'll be lucky if I make the race the following week.

4. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

I'll be there providing tire services as always. What can I say, I like things that are big black and round, lol

5. ToddClark

Soooooooo many ways this could go!!! :crackup:

6. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

That's what she said, lol :crackup:

7. tonni1000

tonni1000 Well-Known Member

I may be there Josh this will not go over well !! you will hate me afterwards lol :Putter:

8. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Knowing Josh, it already has!:D

9. ToddClark

Update:
    Story of Hope, Dr. Ellis has been able to have some items donated to be raffled off to benefit the non profit.

Each ticket is $10/item. As of right now, items will be raffled off at the end of each day (5pm, tickets sold until 4pm) You wont need to be present to win, but you will need to have someone there to be able to claim the prize for you or make arrangements with someone to collect and work out with them to ship item/s to you. Story of Hope will not be responsible for shipping items to the winners.

Currently items to be raffled off are:

1 set of Dunlop race tires (no, i dont know if theyre the UK or American ntecs)

1 set of Moto-D tire warmers

1 $50 discount good towards a one day Ed Bargy Racing School.

1 dyno and tune from Carolina Motorsports

She is working on getting some other items, and as she does, i'll post back up.

10. ToddClark

oh yea, also wanna post up about food.

• The concession stand at Tally will be open for our Feb 15/16th "story of Hope" weekend.
    • They are offering a BBQ plate with drink for $6.00 on Saturday evening. Pre-sales tickets will be on sale Saturday morning.
    • They will now offer a full breakfast menu for Sat & Sun mornings.
    • Plus a lighter fare with a variety of lunch salads.

11. ToddClark

The part in bold is the NEW edited price on raffle tix. :D

Also, just found out TechSpec has committed to donate, but at this time, we dont know what it is.

12. ToddClark

and yet another update on more raffle give aways:

$300 off certificate for Triple Adjustable Jri Shock

$200 off certificate for Double Adjustable Jri Shock

TechSpec tank grips (2 general sheet kits and 2 Tank Pro #6's

13. ToddClark

14. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I will be there both days.

15. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Ill come for both days, weather allowing. I assume we can sign up at the track, given that there are slots available still?

16. ToddClark

Yep, won't be a problem at all. :up:

17. ToddClark

just a reminder, less than 2 weeks away and even tho its an extended forecast, the "forecast" is, so far, looking pretty good!

Attached Files:

18. automan

automan It's all about the drive!

That would be a Nice weekend!

19. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I will be there ;)

:up:

20. ToddClark

Faynisha got you on the crash truck, Scott?