1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tally National Date Change?

Discussion in 'General' started by DaveB, Mar 11, 2014.

1. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Saw on Facebook where it has moved up a week to 4/18-20.

Already had vacation time approved, now to see if I can get it changed....

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry, overall we think it'll be better than the Indy Cars at Barber weekend. Sorry also about not announcing it sooner, thought I'd already done that.

3. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Understand, wasn't sure the reason for it but I'll agree it would be better. I think it will work out.

Now if we can just work on the mid-central schedule for next year :)

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well....MC is a made up region since we can't afford Gateway or Hallett. But we will work on it, hope to do something with the new track in Bowling Green.

5. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

I understand it's a made up region. We discussed it at GNF one year after Nashville closed. I'll toss out my 2 cents, I hope Bowling Green works out and for those of us that are truly kind of "mid-central" geographically I say toss in a round or 2 up north, continue to use Barber/Tally/Road Atl and add in Bowling Green (hopefully) and Grattan.

It would still be a made up region but a few more bikes up north would maybe help pay the bills at Grattan, etc.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Grattan? I figured that was just too far to put in there.

7. Im thinking Bowling Green, Tally and Barber are sufficient for a MC region. Perhaps VIR. I know VIR isn't very "Central", but it is closer to the other tracks in the area than Grattan.

Unless they bring Nashville back.

8. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Depends on where you live. I know there are several racers in the KY/Cincy area. I live between Louisville and Lexington KY. Grattan is about 20 miles further than Tally for me for example (Tally 450, Grattan 470 each way). NOLA on the other hand is over 750 miles each way so it's just not economically feasible especially with 3 rounds of mid-central being located there.

I definitely don't live in the best area for racing, most if the tracks are over 400 miles. Barber and Road Atlanta are about 420'ish each way since I have easy access to both I-65 and I-75 and know some of the mileage shortcuts to RA.

9. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

But you aren't really "mid-central", where you live is definitely more southeast compared to guys in central/western KY, southern OH/IN.

While I love VIR, due to no good route to get there it's a 8.5 to 9 hour drive.

And part of using Grattan for example is to somewhat make it closer to a real region rather than just a subset of another single regions schedule. At least this way there would be more of an incentive for people to run a full schedule.

And Grattan was just one example, throw Mid-Ohio in there as well, that gives you 2 rounds up "north" and it's even closer than Grattan.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

See, where you are I'd consider way more NC than MC - to me MC is more based on St Louis and Memphis.

11. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Road Atlanta, Barber, Tally, Bowling Green, and Mid-Ohio would make a nice schedule for me in Nashville. :D

12. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

I won't argue that, I just know way more people in the south and like the tracks :)

See, I'm not the only one!

13. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Gateway in St.Louis is expensive? I figured they would try and get as many people there as possible.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not as expensive as Barber or Auto Club but the last events we ran there it was more expensive than the turnouts we had.

15. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

DO IT! DO IT NOW!!!!

Especially since they will have new bathrooms this year. The track pavings have also worn in nicely now. I know the last year a national was there there were issues in that department.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, okay, before I factor in your opinion, where do you live? :D

It's also not like we aren't doing races at Grattan, you guys can go to any WERA race anywhere in the country if you'd like.

17. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

Don't want any conflicts, so lets move it to Easter weekend!:moon:

18. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Would me living in Florida or Michigan make it happening more likely? I'll wait for your answer to tell you where I live :)

19. I know but see, that don't matter. I am trying to get the MC region worked around ME. :D

You know that any proposal made on the beeb...rules, schedule, regions or otherwise...is always based upon what the individual making the proposal has to gain from it. :crackup:

20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Mongo, Google Calendar still shows the 4/25-27 dates.