1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talk me out of the F3...

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, May 9, 2015.

1. Aside from Grim, I prefer a Liter bike on the street. I like being able to just leave it in 3rd and do whatever. I have about $26k tied up in the Ape and would lose my ass if I sold it. Not to mention I have the ergos setup how I want and still have the OEM Matte Black bodywork for it that is in new condition, plus it sounds badass.

It will make a great street bike.

2. I kicked that decision around for a while. The R comes with Ohlins, but it isn't electronic (which I wanted to try).

The engine internals on the R are a little lighter, but it is still 1199cc. The 1299 has more mid-range (especially with the Akra exhaust).

The wheels are the same. So are the electronics, brakes, etc.

The 1299 OEM bodywork has the LED lights (R doesn't).

But the major thing is that I talked to John at D&D about them and he said the majority of issues (track related) he has seen have been with the R models...including 2 catastrophic engine failures very early. I don't know if it is because of it spinning up faster or different compression, I don't know. But he said the other models seem to be more reliable.

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Design Corse is good for MV parts. He's in the UK but shipping was never a problem when I raced my new gen F4.

Motovationusa also has a bunch of MV shit.

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Oh look ..

[​IMG]

:D

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That's a really clean lookin' display.

6. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

you might win him over with the plethora of buttons dude :D

7. HRC-E.B.

HRC-E.B. Well-Known Member

It did not "bother" me in the least. You said "talk me out of". I thought I had found a pretty obvious argument! ;)

8. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Chris buy the Ducati. Don't buy another "RSV4" type bike. Super cool to look at, great on paper, fun to ride, PILE OF SHIT AS A RACE BIKE!

IMO

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Plus I'd rather ride the Panigale.

10. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Stop being an indecisive little ninny and do the only logical thing...buy both! :)

11. 418

418 Expert #59

Chaz Davies just posted on FB that he lapped on the new Panigale R well within a qualifying cutoff time of WSBK on a completely stock bike/rubber.

12. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

From Chaz,

"Yesterday was too much fun ripping around Imola on the ‪#‎Ducati‬ ‪#‎Panigale‬ R road bike. Such a capable bit of kit and a lot of fun to ride. In full road trim including tyres my lap times would have easily qualified for the @WorldSBK grid. Really cool to see some of the trick stuff I've helped develop transfer though to the production line and keep you road riders happy! Thanks @DucatiMotor for allowing me to play.."

"With a bit more time and personalisation with the setup I'm confident I could get within 4 seconds of my best race lap over the weekend. Pretty good for something straight off the showroom floor!"

Now THAT is damn impressive.

Now if only one of you would do a thorough write up of your 2015...

13. Well of course there is always that to consider. :D

14. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Sooo.. how long until we see the puma jumpsuit and stuff outta broome at riders meetings?? LOL

15. Umm no. Haha

16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ahahahahah RED Pumpa leathers and boots. You heard it here first!!!!

And he's going all in and getting a Starbucks cappuccino machine and a Ducati helmet.

Attached Files:

17. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

He and palella will have brew offs!! LOL :crackup:

18. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

So a Brew off is a Ducati form of racing!?!? I was unaware lol

19. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

uh. care to clarify? :eek: :confused:

20. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!