1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talk About Extreme Pressure!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by CorollaDude, May 1, 2003.

1. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

This always happens. People ALLOCATE costs to something, then claim them to be MARGINAL COSTS. I hate to be an Accountant on you guys, but the MARGINAL COST of that landing was about the cost of the gasoline.

The plane - already being paid for
    The aircraft carrier - already being paid for
    The landing crew on the aircraft carrier - already getting paid
    The pilots - already getting paid
    the President - already getting paid

The plane could have sat in the hold, and all the above costs would have been getting accrued all the same.

BUT you might have saved on some GAS. Whoopy-do:rolleyes:

2. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

I'm glad you agreed it was a stunt....I was merely pointed out the fact it did cost money....I was put off by our President that is gloating over a war that still isn't over. Right now Afghanistan is a fucking mess.... war lords control most of the country... and for what?? to trade a tyrant which hates us for one that doesn't??

One had said the democrats would do the same if they had the chance. Well Clinton didn't do a victory lap after Kosovo...

Do we have to see it every half hour on the news channels??

also disgusted about being lied to about WMD....and now we liberated IRAQ for humanitarian reasons....I'm waiting for the first wrongful death lawsuit to be filed.... and why are we calling the Iraqi leadership criminals....where is the proof??

and now we're accusing IRAN of WMD...last week it was Syria....

my 2 cents...

Wright Patterson Air Show is cool.....but you haven't lived until you have been to Oshkosh for the EAA fly-in....

3. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

"Blah, blah, blah... I was put off by our President... blah, blah, blah."

Lots of waste in there, TA.