1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talk About Extreme Pressure!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by CorollaDude, May 1, 2003.

1. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

How about the pilot who lands President Bush on the carrier? If he screws up the landing and survives, I mean, will there be a reprehend letter in his records or what? :eek:

That's like drivng Mongo on a beer run to downtown Milton. :D

2. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Hehe, you KNOW the Secret Service shit a gold medallion when they found out that plan.

He's gonna do WHAT? :eek:

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey, while the guy is cleaning out the sh@tters at the new "Nelson Ledges Naval base", he could always tell the sh@t house supervision how he made the president simultaneously sh@t his pants and hurl.

4. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Too bad he's not back-seating an F14 or something. I want to see him saying "Let's kick the tires and light the fires, Big Daddy."
    Either that or the classic, "I feel the need, the need for speed."

Besides, then the plane would be maneuverable enough to make him blow chunks. Which, from what I understand, is an important thing to do when you're flying civilians as part of a dog & pony show. If they don't hurl, you haven't done your job.

5. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Well he is used to flying jets. He was in the Air reserves. I would not want to be the pilot. Where are the secret service ridng, under the wing.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That was my response when Emily was talking about it at lunch today. I just assumed they'd fly him in on Marine One.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

While I like the blowing chunks idea, is the Commander in Chief a civilian?

8. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Yes, he is.

And the bird he's flying in will be called "Navy One" while he's on board.

As for the Secret Service, somewhere there's a guy who's job title is "Chief of Presidential Security" and he's taking big swigs from a bottle of Maalox every few minutes for the next few hours.... :D

9. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

I thought I heard once that the Secret Service actually have the authority to "veto" plans if they deem them too dangerous or difficult tp provide security? :confused:

Anybody else ever hear that?

10. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

I heard it last night because he originally wanted to be a back-seater on a fighter plane but the Secret Service said no. They agreed to the slower, 4-person plane he flew in on.

I'd have to agree with GWB on this one; fire up the F14D and let's burn some JP4!

11. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

I think the term Civilian is a generic one, right? I remember being refered to by the local police as a civilian, when I was in full green kit. And we referred to them as civilian police.

Basically, if they're not wearing the same badge as you - they're a civilian.

By the way, muchos respect to the Bush for that little stunt.:beer:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The secret service can veto a plan but only to an extent - they still work for the pres.

13. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

.....I'll just call it a stunt.... BFD...cost us a lot of money to do that...

I'm waiting for someone to bring up dub-ya's military record...

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Actually it costs no money that wouldn't have already been spent. It doesn't matter who's in the seats the pilot gets credit for the take-off and landing. They have to do them anyway for training so therefore money already spent. It cost no more for the pres and his men to go there than it does anywhere else.

Who gives a shit about his military record with regards to carrier landings. Hell, Indy car driver Danny Sullivan was given a ride in a carrier jet years ago as have several other celebrities. :rolleyes:

Did we question Tom Clancy about his military record when he toured the sub I was on... no. Hell we were the first active sub he had ever been on and that was after The Hunt For Red October was a best seller. I will say we spent a little money for that. ;)

15. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Sure, you can put it up next to Clinton's. :Poke:
    Your obsession with trashing Bush every chance you get is getting awfully boring. Did he once sodomize you or something like that? (Probably Clinton wearing a Bush mask!)

[​IMG]

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He served. Enough said.

Next question.

17. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Dub-ya spent his time in the reserves....military record very different than his dad's.

How is it that a plane took off to pick up the president, return and land didn't cost any money??

wasn't it just a stunt, premature since the war is officially over??

Did Clinton do a victory lap when the war in Kosovo / Bosnia was over...no....

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ya' know, if it was a publicity stunt, it worked damn well. As for cost, I'd bet it was a hell of a lot cheaper then flying Airforce 1.

As for the his being in the reserves: They ain't a country club. So the F what if it's easier duty then active duty. He served. Clinton did not (not even in the boy scout reserves). Game set match.

19. wera176

I think the point about "not costing money" is that pilots (especially carrier pilots! :eek: ) are required to do so much air time every so many days or weeks or whatever it is. That's just one less landing that pilot will have to make to keep current. I don't know the status of the pilot, if he was over at Iraq he probably was current, but I don't know...

I wondered the same thing after the Air Force Air Show in Dayton(which, btw, I highly recommend!) They did a fly-by with a Stealth bomber that basically took off from out west, did a refuel on the way in, did two passes over the airfield and headed back including another refuelling. I was like damn, that's some jack just to show off a plane (not to mention the price of the plane!). What I was told was that the pilot would have just used it as a training mission, one that he would be flying anyhow. Maybe not that day and certainly not over Dayton, but would be doing nevertheless. The refueling exercise would be a plus...

20. wera176

Plus landing Airforce 1 on that carrier would have been a little tougher! :D