1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tail Section Number Plates?...Mongo...

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by vcr12 pit crew, Dec 26, 2007.

1. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

Whats the deal with the rear number plates for this season? Can we keep the single number or are you changing it this season? :Pop:

Thanks,

2. dapaine

dapaine Well-Known Member

Yea, and we should allow the number plates to be on the side of the front fairing??

what does WERA think??

3. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

trying to do a search, but its not working, think it was no to both questions for sprints, maybe on top for endurance.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  4. dapaine

Yea... I know, the topic has been gone over again and again. But would be nice.

5. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

And I think the standard answer was: if another org allows it, you could always go there :confused:

6. dapaine

yea.... as stated above, I know, but it would be nice.

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

(Disclaimer That It Doesn't Matter to Me)

I posted a thread in Tech showing pictures of the 08 R6 tail. I'm not convinced 4 inch numbers on each side are going to be legible, as they're going to wrap onto the top. There's actually not an abundance of room to fit a 3-digit number on the top of the plate, let alone on both sides.

Either way, I'm not sure how legible numbers will be as you're watching a bike pass by on the straight - either with one number on the top of the tail, or two small ones on the sides. Thankfully we've got a reliable transponder system that covers most of the issues associated with numbers.

8. dapaine

Yea, I remember that post. Good luck getting them to fit. Your best bet would be to get custom numbers cut to fit the tail. We did some on an 06 and worked real well. We do race bike painting and graphics, there is a pic of the R6 on the main page: http://www.gogomotoracing.com

9. vcr12 pit crew

Still thinking MONGO? :confused:

10. vcr12 pit crew

guess no news is good news?:confused:

11. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

I would not count on it. :cool: