1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV650 Yosh cam question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by YZF Cathy, Jan 25, 2005.

1. YZF Cathy

YZF Cathy Well-Known Member

If you have Yoshimura cams on your '02 SV 650, how would you go about finding the valve clearances for them?

Does anyone here know what the clearance for the intake and exhaust are?

I tried calling Yoshimura and am still waiting for a reply. I also tried searching the web, but haven't found any info yet. Thanks

Cathy

2. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

0.25 - 0.30 mm exhaust and intake (cold)

3. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

You building a cheater motor to keep up with us slow experts? Or just to blow by Todd's slow butt? I have some Yosh cams coming in too.... building a cheater motor. Don't tell anyone... ;)

4. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Just a question, maybe dumb but won't '03-'04 SV intake cams be a suitable substitute for Yosh cams as far '99-'02 intake cams? Thats what I heard I was just checking because thats what I plan on doing.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yup.Same specs

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Thanks for the reply! It'll save me about $400 give or take. :D

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yup, but you still should buy the sprockets.
    I'm building my endurance motor now, and I have a couple of combos I plan on trying.
    I belive I have a set of 03 cams that will be for sale. Um , let's see 1 Huey built, 1 I built, both blew because of using stock POS rods.
    1 spare 03 engine.
    Yup, I think I can part with a set.

8. wera#113

wera#113 Well-Known Member

Watcha building Cathy, I know you will be a good girl and not run
    that in superstock.:Poke:

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

How much ya want for them Expert?

10. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Does that mean for a 99-02 the best exhaust cam is the stocker or should a complete swap (in. and ex.) from the 03 be done?

I guess another way of stating that is:

On the 99-02 are folks just swapping intake cams or are the exhaust cams being changed as well?

11. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I better not end up getting beat by that bike in Superstock!!!! I smell a protest!! :D :D

12. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

the 99-02 people are taking the 99-20 intakes and putting them in the exhaust side, still keeping 99-02 intakes on the intakes side.

Chris, don't worry....no one ever protests last place. Doh!

13. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

bastard!! :D

14. YZF Cathy

Y'all forget that there are two SV's in my race arsenal. One of which is run in Lt Wt SB.

Thanks for the info.

15. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Cathy,

Changing the windscreen from clear to tinted does not make it a "different bike" :Poke: :Poke: :D

16. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

nor does Kryloning between races count either.... Todd and I are building a mutt of a Bike... The GhettoRacer SV. She is ugly, but she has some power too... Y'all should check out hrrp://www.txsv.com WE have a few tricks up our sleeves. I just need the dyno to prove me right on two Hot Rodding Tricks....Muahahahahahahaaha Have fun chasing me this season... :D

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I hope you're spending money on crank and rods.

18. 331CMRA

331CMRA Member

Two bikes wont make you any faster Cathy . Better watch out for Les, hes had some work done. :Poke: :Poke:

19. YZF Cathy

Hey, shouldn't you be at work inspecting a jack screw or something?

You can't scare me with your smack talk. Ok, maybe you can. I am easily scared. I forgot for a moment.