1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV Tank Overflow tubes

Discussion in 'General' started by SClark, Sep 23, 2002.

1. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Originally posted by Mongo
    As for a bike going down on the street and dribbling fuel - of course there's a safety aspect, that's why if you crash your streetbike you fix the broken bits

But the dilemma is we don't know if it only takes one. My sprint tank has been down only once. I don't know any stats of it(Speed, etc.), but IF it only takes once, and that once causes a rider to be burned, then it's bad. Wouldn't it be in the company's best interest to address it prior to it happening. Or instead, hedge your bets and see if you make it through without someone getting hurt. I don't know. Being an owner of one, it just leave a bad taste. I'm not trying to convince anyone, and I haven't called Suzuki, but the fact that I know that they're aware makes it worse.

I do applaud you for bringing the cause and the cure to the attention of others that use the machines in the same manner. That part is very cool. [/QUOTE]
    [Elvis]Thank ya. Thank ya very much. Pass the bacon.[/Elvis]

2. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Re: Re: Re: new fuel injected Sv650

COOL!

3. steve call me

he steve call me I dont have your # anymore 352-238-1219

4. LtFDrebbin

LtFDrebbin Well-Known Member

me too me too!

This happened to me also. It makes the tires real slippery when it leaks bad under braking, and it made my leathers smell a little bit funny. Go figure. Anyway, I went to a radiator weld shop, and they brazed it for me, adn I think I paid $25 to have it done. I thought that was a good deal, and it has held up for the second half of the season.

good luck