1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki Paint Code

Discussion in 'General' started by WERA112, Jan 18, 2001.

1. WERA112

WERA112 Member

I was wondering if someone new of the paint color code (or one that is close) for the dark blue on the new GSXR600? The dealer gave me a 1LF code but no one who sells paint recognizes it.

2. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

Go to to a Pittsburg paint dealer. They have listing for cars and some motorcycles. When I had mine matched they needed a body panel to match to. Tank works best since it is metal.
    The Suzuki code is an internal code and refers to that color type and stickers etc for that particular bike.

3. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

color rite makes the paint & you can order through suzuki dealer...they should also be able to look up the ppg code on the fiche...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Or just take a chunk of bodywork to the paint store of your choice and have them run a color match on it.

Somehow I can't see the dealer being any cheaper and I'd rather get the customer support that comes from the paint store - no offense to any dealers intended.

[This message has been edited by Mongo (edited 01-18-2001).]

5. Dale Love

Dale Love Active Member

I just had some color matched by dupont it is a dark blue pearl , damn the can doesnt have any info on it, but it cost me 58.00 a quart, from the local store, I do custum work on bikes of all kinds.

6. DukeRdr

DukeRdr Member

There is NO PPG or Dupont code on the 'fiche, only the Suzuki code. No Jap OEM brings in paint anymore due to tighter restrictions. They give the codes to ColorRite , and you can order paint from them, or the dealer can. A local paint dealer can match it up, but it will be as close as it can be, and no more. Not a big deal if you're painting a whole panel, but sometimes noticeable on a touchup.
    This info is current for Hon/Suz/Kaw/and Duc. Does anyone know what Yam does?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

True - I doubt that most paint guys/gals will get it perfect but I found that by asking the custom car paitning dudes you can find THE paint guy/gal that can take the color match codes, and with a little bit of experience finesse it to get a perfect match (works real well if they do so and measure then they can repeat it). Found a place in Woodstock that has always been perfect. And the guy loves Yamaha racing blue so they definitely can mix that one [​IMG]

8. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

I agree with Mongo on the paint matching if the painter is good. I had my ZX6R painted by a friend of a friend. Man, he did better work than the factory and the color matched. Plus he threw some pearl into the white that matched the factory effort.

9. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

Hey, you guys are talking about matching colors perfect on race bikes??? Now being new to racing I realize a few things, one of them being; you're gonna wreck... So with that being said, I am inclined to ask, Am I going to look like a real yahoo with my TLR and the closest available Krylon blue I could find on my sharkskinz or what??? If the Bargy school said one thing that was etched my mind was that normally the newer riders, in their first couple of years, will go down twice a year. Any more than that, and you are doing something wrong, way more than that, then take up golf again...ha..

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I cheated - I put a pretty paint job on a bike ridden by one of the better riders in WERA so I really didn't have too many concerns of him crashing it immediately. He did of course eventually throw it down the roaqd but it's part of the game and it gave me a chance to try out some really cool metallic gray for the lowers (not quite Kawi spec but it looked sharp for my first shot at clear coat stuff).

11. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Yeah don't waste your money on expensive paint jobs I just thought I was going to be fast. [​IMG]

12. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

First year ran Rustoleum Metallic Blue on my FZR.

Last year ran unpainted Airtech.

This year going all out with the Flat Black Krylon. Don't even know if I will have it all done by Talladega! Too busy pipin, jettin and trailer moddin.

But I am not going to lie, I kinda envy the nice paint jobs when the pictures come out.

13. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

two f3's with repaired and repainted body work...if not sold, i'm runnin' them til i get the tlr race ready and i "HEAR" sumpin' from SUZUKI contingency.....

the way it looks is sat feb 10 th only for the solo's,.... mama's gotta go to kansas city on sunday the 11th to move and shake the so called movers and shakers within
    (slap 'em silly honey)......and make me some mo' money....

ya'll take yer SO to the races for support, which is great...i have mine go all over the country to negotiate contracts, solidify contacts, offer congrats, etc.etc....and she's raising my kids (whatta women) [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by td930 (edited 01-20-2001).]

14. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

here's an idea: paint you bike in a color scheme that you can match duct-tape to. [​IMG]that way if you crack the bodywork, you can tape over with the matching color tape until you can repair. and it won't be very noticable using the 50/50 rule. [​IMG]

you know, 50 feet @ 50mph [​IMG]

15. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

the old crasher mentality coming out, huh wrenn

16. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

just 'thrifty' advice for the newbie novices [​IMG]

17. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

newbe..crasher..whats the diff.