1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suzuki. master cylinder recall

Discussion in 'General' started by ToddClark, Oct 16, 2013.

1. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

2005-2013 gsxr 1000
    2004-2013 gsxr 600's and 750's.

Wonder if this has been the problem with the Suzuki brakes?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wonder if the fix is a brembo? :D

3. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Yea.......it was a Hit or miss but having a 19RCS and 09 1k calipers fixed that recall....LOLOLOLOL

and is the a serious post??? If so I will be getting a new one on my 06 1K...then

4. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Yes, its serious. I just saw the TSB

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

sweet... my 06 could use a new one! Probably should take care of that frame recall too! :D

6. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Ehhhhh never did any of mine....figure if it doesn't break after a long stand up wheelie then im good.. :)

7. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

My fix was!! :up:

8. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Link to the TSB?

9. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Surprise isn't the first thing to come to mind here.

Wonder what they're saying the problem is (besides the MC being a POS to begin with).

10. alan

alan Well-Known Member

Parts aren't supposed to ship until 11/4/2014

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yes, any link to an actual TSB article? I have 2 of them lying on my bench that were ditched for Brembo's long ago.

I've got good news, parts are shipping a year earlier than you heard :D

All new or Used 2004* thru 2013 GSXR models
    1000 2005-2013
    750 2004-2013
    600 2004-2013

Suzuki Motor Corporation has instituted a safety recall campaign to replace the front brake master cylinder. The brake
    piston inside the front brake master cylinder of some motorcycles may not have received adequate surface treatment to
    prevent corrosion. Corrosion of the brake piston generates gas, which may not be adequately purged from the master
    cylinder due to the side position location of the reservoir return port. To ensure customer safety and satisfaction, dealers
    will replace the front brake master cylinder and brake fluid.
    Technical Service Bulletin:
    Servicing information regarding this safety recall will be available in a Technical Service Bulletin the week of
    October 28, 2013.
    Parts Availability:
    Dealers will be able to order the necessary parts to perform this recall campaign beginning approximately the week of
    November 4, 2013. Adequate supplies of parts will be available at that time to ensure your ability to service all your
    affected units. Your dealership may immediately resume retail sales once the recall campaign is completed.

12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Will this have any effect on SS rules? Can a 10 year old un titled racebike be brought in for recall work?

13. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Awesome info Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Won't have any effect on rules and I'm sure you can get a racebike fixed for a recall.

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

A better question is, can you simply bring them the old MC already removed from the bike and have them provide you with the new one. I'm certainly not going to replace my 2 brembos on the 600 and 1000 with the stockers, throw them in the trailer and bring to the dealer just to have them replaced when they only sit in my parts box as spares anyway.

17. caferace

caferace No.

I'm guessing NO.

-jim

18. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Same here for my Race bike......:cool:

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Depends on your dealer relationship.
    I can bet my local Suzuki dealers will tell me to pound sand kinda like they did when I asked about the frame recall. So Ill be driving to St Aug or Daytona. :eek:

20. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

I know the frame one you had to leave it so they could put the brace in there and let the glue set up so...be good to see what happens with this