1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suter MMX2

Discussion in 'General' started by Odilup, Apr 22, 2021.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My NS400R will be up for sale around June/July. You can buy it. Near perfect Rothmans.

Newyork likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm sure I would love it. But that would take money away from the Suter, or if I buy the NS400R, does that give you the money to buy the Suter?

The Rothmans looks so nice, mine was the standard one. I think the Honda handled slightly better versus the RG500, but I liked the extra power of the Gamma's. How much?

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Somewhere around 12-15K I would guess. One sold at Iconic a while ago for 10K, but it was a total POS.

4. Boman Forklift

You have any RG500 Gammas you want to sell? How many KM's on it and did you keep the registration up in California, so I could ride the thing? Not sure how hard it is to register an old 2 stroke in California now, if registration already expired

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

No... only a RZ500. I have a RGV250 Schwantz Pepsi, too.

ToofPic likes this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Surprised you didn't have the best of the bunch? At least everything I read said the RG was better than the RZ. Plus it didn't hurt I was always a Schwantz fan. How much is the Schwantz 250?

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

RGV250 will be 9K. It does have Chinese fairings, not original.

I always wanted a RG500 but never came across one at the right price. I looked for 10 years.

8. Boman Forklift

?
    Wow what was the right price you’re shooting for?

On these bikes were you able to roughly double your money I’m presuming that’s how much They went up in the last 10 years?

I know you like some nice stuff and I’ve never seen Chinese fairings how crappy are they?

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My budget for a RG500 was always 10K and I never did find one. I think I was too focused on accumulating all the 250s that were available. The RG500s have been at a premium for a long time so I think the party for collecting them was over around 15 years ago.

The Chinese fairings are OK. They look great and mine don't have any spelling errors LOL.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Since you are more in tune with the 2 stroke market, than I am, what are RG500s going forward now? Please send me some pictures of those two street bikes that you have for sale. Either here or my firstlast name at hotmail

Thanks

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

RG500s are going for 25-32K now.

I can't send photos yet.... I don't even know where those 2 bikes are. I'm selling some Aprilia RS250s this summer also. If I have time, I'm going to sell off as much as my collection as possible, actually.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

RGV250:
    What year?

And why are you selling your bikes anyway? Please tell me it's not to buy doge or GME.

13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It's so he can build a motorcycle ranch somewhere in Italy.

motion likes this.
  14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Dude, I wish. Maybe so I can build a Sidecar touring company in Provence. I like the sound of that :)

Newyork likes this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

16. Boman Forklift

Thats funny, a couple years ago in here I told you I was getting rid of a bunch of stuff so when I die the family doesn’t need to deal with it. If i remember correctly you said you were keeping all of your stuff.

Then we discussed both wanting a Suter or GP500 bike.

17. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

IIRC many moons ago Padgett's in Jolly Olde England was willing to let people pay to do some sessions on a genuine ex-GP YZR500. I've been racing for 40 years now and still love it. But if I could ride a 500 GP bike for even half a day, scare the shit out of myself and survive, I'd have a permagrin and be happy to hang up the leathers and call it a day:D

Or I'd scare the shit out of myself, highside it and be placed in a full body cast for months and still have to hang up the leathers and call it a day. :eek:

18. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

It would be so cool to have a 500 two stroke racer. In the past I have seriously considered a couple that were for sale but now at my age It's all I can do to ride my TZ250.

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I think I remember saying I was getting rid of stuff, but we are both getting old so who the hell knows. I need to get rid of my bikes and parts collections. Its getting out of control and there's no way my wife could deal with this stuff if I'm gone. I did sell off about 5 bikes last year, including 3 250GP bikes, so I am making progress.

This is just a wee bit of it.

7A457456-39F0-46DA-917E-7DDD132B9228_1_105_c.jpg

20. Boman Forklift

Well congratulations on thinning the heard. You do need to still add two Ninja 400s for us to go to the track with. Since I’m a nice guy I will store and transport them for us to the track.

Chuckwalla, Willow, Vegas and Buttonwillow are all easy pulls. Even Fontana if it continues to have WERA there? I heard the track was making huge changes, but I haven’t been around to know the scoop?

motion likes this.