1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension question

Discussion in 'General' started by lfg929, Mar 10, 2006.

1. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

Watching the Daytona Supercross race (it is about to begin) and they were talking about suspension. I have a 2001 Suzuki GSXR750 and am wondering if I can adjust the "reaction" on my suspension. They talked quite a bit about it on TV so I am guessing it is important. Can anyone tell me if I have this adjustment on my bike?

2. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

Yes its next to the pull starter on your bike!!

3. ibjokn

ibjokn Well-Known Member

Yes, you have preload, compression, and rebound. Don't mess with the settings though unless you have help from an experienced friend. Also, if that bike has not had the fork oil replaced yet, you should consider getting it done or doing it yourself. Pretty simple task, just takes a few hours to do.:up:

4. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

Didn't you have your "reaction" misadjusted at Nelsons when you fell?:D

5. ibjokn

ibjokn Well-Known Member

I have never been to Ledges. However, I will have three chances to do so this year.:Poke:

6. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

My reaction was just fine at Nelsons. It went something like "oh shi..." along with "ground, sky, ground, sky, ground, sky, ground" and then "hey, where is my bike".

:D

Hey ibjokin, either you aren't catching on to my sarcasm, or I am not catching on to yours. I am making fun of the interviewer and her use of the term "reaction" when talking about the rebound function of suspension. Just another example of the network putting someone in front of the camera who knows nothing of the sport.

7. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

You calling my bike old?!?!? :Poke: I got the rope replaced on it over the winter man, it is all ready to go now!

8. ibjokn

ibjokn Well-Known Member