1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supercross 2022

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Jan 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. SoCal1000

SoCal1000 Will work for tires

Did anyone notice the KTM 125 two stroke running with the 250’s? He was #726 and was running pretty strong in the LCQ until he crashed. I was very surprised to see and hear a two stroke out there.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Boy I didn't think it was too bad. Now, Marv's pass on Mookie was a bit over zealous.

3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

.....Barcia rode Anderson straight off the edge of the track....granted, it wasn't the standard ballistic missile T-bone he's known for...

4. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

That is 'Stank Dog' Gared Steinke. He's been holding the 2 Stroker candle for a few years now. Might make the main a couple of times this year.
    https://www.facebook.com/gared.steinke

5. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Really, the story of A1 is, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Glad Kenny won, he just disappeared in a masterful performance while everyone else flailed. He had good endurance too, about the same pace at the end. Just to show how dominant he was, the 7 second mov was really 10 seconds, he just slowed down and waved on the last lap. Nobody has finer control on a treacherous wet slick hooked out and rutted track than Roczen. Cooper Webb chugged along a couple straightaways back to a solid and eventually unchallenged second. Lousy qualifying, persistent riding in the main while everyone else flailed. Another super steady Cooper Webb performance. These two had 12 of 17 wins last year. Looks like that’s the story for this year too.

The remainder did what they do. Cianciarulo faded, Chase Sexton went quasar fast and crashed twice, Barcia knocked Anderson down, Marvin knocked himself and Mookie down, and Tomac had another of those promising but ultimately crappy nights. So glad to see Roczen win so effortlessly.

Since Supercross is played like hockey or rugby most hard passes get a “meh” at best. Two I thought were worthy of note:

Anderson got bam-bammed in a pass as good, bad, or both as Barcia has ever done. POW! Barcia should be a submarine captain he’s so good with torpedoing! Personally I think he’s an idiot but that’s just me. In my kid days the local oval trackers beat the crap out of each other in the pits over stuff like that, but big sponsor $$ and crowd appeal must be the reasons this still goes on.

Mookie looked good until Marvin tried unsuccessfully to block pass him and blasted himself too. Idiot move. Marvin is ready to hang it up and crap like this won’t help him place better. Mookie looked very strong but his night got messed up by that.

Anyway, getting off the West Coast intact has always been the key, the season starts after Daytona, as they say, and Roczen and Webb rode intelligently, but there were plenty of guys not paying attention to that advice. Sort of like A1 always is.

On the ugly side, there were two extremely nasty crashes in the 250 heats, Colt Nichols and Jalek Swoll, and one (Swoll) happened right in front of us. He crashed and jumped up to run off the track but didn’t make it before he fell into a fetal position. They worked on him 15 minutes before unrolling him and moving him to a backboard and he seemed to be able to move his extremities at least. His left arm was air casted and sticking up and shook and twitched awfully as they hauled him out on a backboard. These guys had their seasons ruined in the first heats of the year.

Once a Wanker.. and Senna like this.
  6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I'm assuming there will be an SX race in ATL soon? If so, date and what should one expect to pay for a tix?

I haven't seen one in a long time, and may want to see one more before I get too old.

7. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Saturday, April 16 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Bonus: 250SX East/West Showdown round.

Tickets will range from around $20 to $100

Once a Wanker.. and YamahaRick like this.
  8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

That was so ridiculous. I’m amazed there aren’t more throw downs in the pits if that’s how these guys are gonna ride. Barcia sent Anderson to the moon.

9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

The FXR kits always look sick.

I think Webb is gonna take it all. He’s already looking strong. I would prefer Roczen gets at least a single title, though. Seems like a good dude. It’ll be interesting to see how Tomac does in the next few rounds. A top 6 isn’t bad, and it is a brand new bike to him, but I think the pressure will be on to get on the podium in the earlier rounds.

Anderson and Sexton were super impressive overall. Anderson had a much better ride than what his end result reflects.

So Jett isn’t racing 250 West? Did he get injured?

Also, anyone kinda struggle watching SX due to the slower speeds? The sport is super gnarly and it is super impressive, but the lower speeds just don’t hold my attention like the road race stuff does.

10. eggfooyoung

11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

12. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

I have some FXR gear, the pants are great, the jersey's snag really easy.

Jett was injured in a practice crash the week before A1, cracked a rib or two. they decided to bring Hunter to the west, and let Jett heal, and race the east series. Ski

Senna likes this.
  13. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

there's a screen shot somewhere of Barcias order confirmation from Team Fried. classic. also the video of where anderson had parked Barcia earlier in the night, not as aggressively but these guys know if you leave the door open a bit, someone may/will come a knocking'.

good races, whoop sections were not typical for the opening round, usually they are easier, but this weekend they were big. Caught out a few riders.

FYI all the riders who crashed are OK. colt Nichols (yamaha) would have been a contender for the title but he's out with arm injuries to both arms. Swoll turns out had a bad concussion and bruised arms/wrists. Jett cracked a rib or two the week before the race so moved to the east coast and his brother will run west coast.

14. eggfooyoung

Good to know about Jett. Would be cool to see each win their class this year.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

TurboBlew and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  16. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I missed practice and qualifying. Updates, and current picks? About to catch up on Racer-X.

17. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Sucks that they're not in the M-B dome. Went to several events in the Georgia Dome over the years. Always a fun time. Back in the '80's, Dad took us to the races at Fulton Co. Stadium. Was decent weather one year, light rain the next, then damn cold and rain the next.

motodog650 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  18. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I went to an event in the MB dome a few years ago. It was a great time. I'm not sure when they moved to AMS.

19. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Some great racing in both classes.

450 is turned upside down. Tomac continues to disappoint

20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I like Anderson, but didn't expect this level of performance out of him out of the gate on the Kawi. Very impressive. It was cool seeing Plessinger up so high too.

condon66, Once a Wanker.. and cpettit like this.