SuperBIkes

Discussion in 'General' started by 7-FITTY, Jun 16, 2009.

1. 7-FITTY

7-FITTY Well-Known Member

Jason Britten's personality rivals a piece of wet cardboard it should be outlawed what they do with a perfectly good motorcycles I think I'd rahter watch Dr Phil:Puke:...
    Speed use the airtime for MOTOGP,WRLDSBK,AMA,ENDURO even Trial please

2. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100% but I like Jason Britten. Unlike 99% of the other stunt riders he interviews on that show, he's well spoken, doesn't dress like a tool, and comes across as a professional. I think the "sport" would go a lot further if more stunt riders were like him. As far as canceling that stupid show and showing more racing, hell yeah! Unfortunately that dead horse has been thoroughly beaten and we've all established that ratings for Superbikes compared to racing means it won't happen.:down:

3. Rodger

Rodger RamJet

+ a trillion

4. ducktape69

ducktape69 oh hell yeah

Yeah im glad to find some other people that dislike Superbikes. I really wouldn't mind the show if it wasn't all about Jason, his family, and stunting. Where did the Rossi guy guy go? He wasn't stuck up about riding because he was learning as the show was going on. I liked the first couple of episodes because it had a good blend of the moto lifestyle, but what happened? I would really like to see engine builds or meeting different riders.(WSB/Endure/Supermoto/Wera/Anything other than a parking lot.) Speed should really bring back Two Wheel Tuesday.

5. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

I met Jason B at the Las Vegas SEMA show last year. He was a really nice guy, and cares alot about the Sport in all its forms.

....OTOH how many people are going to treat an ex-racer in a wheelchair badly? It's like everyone I ever meet now turns out to be a super nice person....I haven't met a dick since my accident it seems :D

6. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Jason is a great guy. :up:

7. iRideLikaGirl

iRideLikaGirl Monster696~CRF150R~#222

+ 10 TRILLION

SPEED SUCKS BUTT. Used to flip by it first to see what was on, now I just assume it won't be worth the battery power my remote uses to even check. Even if it's a moto race, that coverage will suck too!

8. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Much as racers dislike the stuntaz, the stunt thing has gained a lot of popularity and attention for the sport.

Jason Britten is a hell of a nice guy. I met him twice, at the last two NYC motorcycle shows, and both times we chatted for a while. He really listens when you talk to him. He even remembered meeting me the year before, which is the sign of a good PR guy.

9. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

bet you hated greg white too....

10. Kaine

Kaine Well-Known Member

I actually like the show a lot, especially that stint he did in France. Some people just have more fun on one wheel than on two.

11. N23

N23 Active Member

I'm a photographer at a lot of the stunt shows.
    Jason is a stand up guy, he'll talk to anyone about anything. Real chill.

As for the Superbikes show, I honestly don't care much for it.
    And it's not due to Jason Britton, I think he does a good job of hosting the show.
    It's just the segments they do that never seem appealing.

Usually involves some lame motorcycle club flooding the highways at night doing wheelies through intersections,
    and then go off saying they give back to the community by throwing a BBQ?

12. J0HN_R1

J0HN_R1 Registered Psychopath

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Me. :D I'd punch someone in the mouth just the same if he/ she/ it is in a wheel chair or not.

14. Desmorosso

Desmorosso Well-Known Member

I'm OK with the "stunta" thing as long as the "culture" doesn't extend into racing. A lot of the appeal of racing to me is the class and history and tradition and to have it become just another "x-treem sport" hip-hop/highschool atmosphere would be a tragedy. Doesn't interest me, people can do what they like with their bikes though.

15. maine11204

maine11204 Well-Known Member

So you did think it's kind of already been like that with all the earrings, hats and shades?

16. elevenn7

elevenn7 Well-Known Member

I just hate the fact that John Q Public sees an episode of Superbikes, and thinks that's an accurate representation of what motorcycling is about (outside of the Harley/cruiser scene). Some young impressionable twenty-something watches Superbikes, then goes and buys a 600 and learns to do stand-ups and stoppies (usually in jeans, a T-shirt, tennis shoes, and a full-face). Not my cup of tea.

17. maine11204

maine11204 Well-Known Member

I understand what your saying. But I think we just have to accept the fact the 90% of street riders will never touch a track and that stand ups and stoppies are what they bout the bike for in the first place.

It's not our fault they can't all be as cool as us.:cool:

18. I had a guy come up to me yesterday and said that he had seen some racing on Speed (wind tunnel w/ Despain) for the first time and had some questions for me. His first question was when a rider leans a bike way over in a corner how does he get it back up straight again? I got to talk bikes with him for a while. They crazy thing is this guy is in his 60's and has been a NASCAR race fan for ever, and not just the casual fan, but can name all the drivers #'s and which track who does well at. He doesn't fit the redneck fan stereotype at all. But he had ZERO exposure to motorcycle racing. He always joked about me doing stunts on the highway (which i don't do). I was totally suprised that a guy like this could be a race fan for as long as he has been and not see motorcycle races. But he knew about stunting.

19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

+1.
    I will admit i'm quite young and inexperienced at only 19. But growing up with a dad and grnadfather who were racers, RESPONSIBLE street riders, and motorcycle enthusiasts who loved everything about the culture I agree. Thats what street racing in ricers is for. (which i also think is completely ridiculous) :Puke: The worst part is its hard to find guys my age who are actual motorcycle enthusiasts. The only people i know that truly appreciate motorcycles are my dads buddies. dont get my wrong they are the coolest guys i know and have been incredible helping me start my racing career. but it would be nice to have friends like them my age. instead all my buddies are going looking at bikes asking me which one they look more bad ass on and which ones the fastest. :( and for some reason me repeating the words "dude, you're missing the point" doesnt ever seem to get the message across.

Damn the squids who pollute the publics minds :p

20. Desmorosso

Desmorosso Well-Known Member

Yeah, I might sound like an grouchy old man about stunting/ricers/etc too, but I'm only 22 and just starting track riding. My dad introduced me to riding and I started out racing dirt bikes and I've had respect for the bikes for a long time now. I'm not gonna act like you don't have some guys who are both world class racers, way faster than I am right now, and still into the stunt thing, I'm sure there are some, but the culture is seriously weak.

About legitimizing it into a normal 'sport' and getting it off the street... good luck but even with racing which has some of the largest and oldest organizing bodies in the world we can't get it off the street, and for most of guys I know is the entire appeal of stunting is the street. Individual exceptions aside, in regards to the culture overall this is how it usually went when I would ride anywhere near these guys in so cal:

You'd see a 18-30 y.o. guy who's riding experience is "my friend let me sit on his buell blast" buy a gsxr1000, put chrome rims on it and 3 inch spikes on his helmet before even learning to control the clutch, kill himself and his 16 year old girlfriend in a t-shirt while doing wheelies in a parking lot and running into a fire hydrant, then some vin diesel/vanilla ice wannabes make an RIP thread for him on the local riding forums and everyone leaves comments like "a true warrior" and "respect 4 going out on top bro".

It gets old fast. It's as cliche as it gets. We have something special with racing where you meet a lot of good people and safety isn't at all "uncool". I much prefer pasta and trophy girls to malt liquor and chrome pillion booty shakin.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009