1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Supermotard Racing!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by rhinorsv, May 5, 2002.

1. rhinorsv

rhinorsv Well-Known Member

May 4th,

Oakland Valley Racepark (OVRP), Cuddebackville, NY

The first race of the SuperMotard-USA series kicked off on May 4th, at Oakland Valley Race Park under beautiful sunny skies. Approximately 150 spectators showed up to check out what supermotard was all about. The racing did not disappoint anyone.

In the Lightweight feature, Branch Worsham (#818)riding a Suzuki DR350, who dislocated his shoulder in practice, jumped out to an early lead, and held it wire to wire. Second place went to Honda CR125 mounted Jose Plamenco (#67), and third went to ATK mounted Michael Berwaldt (#810). Berwaldt was applying serious heat to Plamenco and it was a photo finish. You could not have asked for better racing.

Middleweight action was next, and the grid was packed. Danny Little (#9) riding a flat track Honda CR450F, jumped out to an early lead, followed closely by Cannondale’s Bill Gartner (#7). Little held the lead for several laps but could not hold off the hard charging Cannondale rider. On the tight half-mile track, passing was difficult, but Gartner did the job in a sweeping left hander, throwing sparks off of his footpegs on the inside. Gartner posted the fastest lap times of the day with a 38.006. Bob Robbins (#46), Yamaha 426, rode extremely consistently with a smooth roadrace style to finish 3rd.

The Premier feature saw Cannondale mounted Bill Gartner (#7) unchallenged wire to wire with a 35.706 second lead on VOR mounted “wild man” Omri Abotbol (#14). Omri was great fun to watch, smoking the tire into turns, doing stoppies and having a great time. Endre Csizmazia finished 3rd, after working out some difficulties with his super trick Yamaha YZ426.

The next exciting round of Supermotard USA will take place at OVRP on June 22nd. Contingencies available!!!

2. gsxracerbenny

gsxracerbenny Well-Known Member

That sounds fun, I wish they had a class for my ttr125, that would be funny. I would have to pull off the track to stop laughing........

3. rhinorsv

rhinorsv Well-Known Member

don't laugh

we do have a class (lightweight) so come out and let the laughing begin!!!!

4. #769novice

#769novice Active Member

Information about Supermotard

Hey,

Could you send the information about the Supermotard.. I have a 97 RM250 that I am putting back together to either sell or setup for motard racing...

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

rhinorsv,
    That place is still open? I used to race Go Karts there about 10 years ago. :D
    Do you guys have a web page for classes? I'm actually in the process of building a Husaberg supermotorad up in Milford PA. Sounds like fun.

6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Re: Information about Supermotard

This wouldn't happen to be that 'Rookie' 769 would it?
    If so, what's the plan for the weekend?