1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit Point lap record

Discussion in 'General' started by bentforks, Apr 11, 2014.

1. bentforks

bentforks Well-Known Member

Anyone know what it is for a motorcycle?

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

3. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

Damn, that's quick!

4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

For some reason, I was thinking Jake Lewis and another fast kid (his name escapes me now) got to battling for position and broke the lap record about 2 or 3 years ago.

5. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I was there that weekend for my first official race. I believe it was Gerloff or Lewis who ran a :12.xxx trying to catch back up after he went off in one. My buddy's first race was with them as novices were gridded with experts. He managed to only get lapped twice! :D

6. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I'd like to see the bike specs on what these guys are running. Like, how much is a super-built bike worth when it comes to lap times?

For example...

Bike A: Qualifies for super stock class. Has a shock/cartridge kit, and stuff like that, but nothing crazy. Runs pump gas.

Bike B: All of the above of course, with a fully built motor running jet fuel of your choice.

A second? Two? Let's assume for arguments sake that the bikes are both fully set up for the same rider. Same tires of course, whether they are race DOT's or slicks.

All I know is that I've hit :20 a time or two at Summit, but I'd like to consistently be in the 19 range. I have no freaking clue where they find over 7 seconds to shave off. Holy fucking shit. :bow:

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  8. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

I think Woods 1:11 was on a 1000. Pretty sure the 600 record belongs to gerloff at a low 12.

9. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I was in that race with Gerloff and Lewis. I was a distant distant third I think when Gerloff went off in T1. If I Recall correctly Gerloff had the fastest lap of the race after he went off. I remember him saying he was riding mad because he went off and everyone was joking well ride mad more often.
    People commented it was the lap record for a 600. My memory could be off but that what I remember.

Ride safe,
    AAron

10. It was.

11. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Man, I'm getting old...I remember when Jeff Atwell owned the lap record there.

12. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Guess that makes me real old since I remember Kurt Hall owning it for years at 1:20. I was there when Jeff broke it, then Szarek, then, I think Bemisderfer, but, I'm not sure if he had it before or after the repaves came and then it continued to drop and drop.

13. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

closest i can do for that is my gsxr600 at grattan. from end of one year to beginning of the next (7+ months off bike) only change was built motor (20hp increase). I dropped 2 seconds in the first 10 laps on the track before my "incident" with a lapper ended it. Showed up at Mid-ohio 4 months later and immediately dropped 2 seconds from my best with the stock motor. So I would say built motor is good for solid 2 seconds and probably more like 3 when you adjust the suspension/gearing correctly for the power.

14. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

15. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

IIRC Jeff pulled that 1:11 on his ASRA Superstock bike. If I also remember correctly he went only a second slower on his R6 that same weekend. I was racing (WAY behind) in ASRA 600 classes and everyone was watching him battle it out with the other heavy hitters on the big bikes all weekend.

That was a fun weekend

16. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Garrett and Jake turned :10s at RRR with Jake still holding the 600 lap record.

Cant speak for Garrett's 600 but I would assume his was SS legal as well as Jake's.

At Summit, Garrett turned the best time of a mid :12 after he crashed.

17. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I'm really freakin' old because I remember Steve Baron holding the record there. :cool:

18. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Yep. I was there in T1 watching the action and giving you props. LOL.

19. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

And for a while Jim Tribou, RIP

20. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A