1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Success In Utah for Tucker Lancaster

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by TuckerLancaster, Aug 1, 2013.

1. I had a great weekend at round #4 and 5 of the WERA National Series and round # 5 and 6 of the WERA West Series at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah. Miller is one of my favorite tracks, so I was very happy to be coming back! On Friday I had a trackday to get used to the track again and get the bike set up the way I liked it. I was feeling pretty good during the trackday, and on used tires I was able to get down to a 2:00 lap time. At the end of the day I was feeling good, and I was excited to race on Saturday.
    On Saturday morning I had 4 short practice sessions and then it was time to race! During practice I wasn’t even feeling very fast and I was once again on used tires, and I did a few 2:00 lap times. I knew I was ready to race! My first race was 600 superstock. I started in 2nd place on the front row. On the very long front straight away I got the hole shot! During the 8 lap race I extended my lead every lap. I won the race with a 9.6 second lead over 2nd place. I did my fastest lap of the race on the 4th lap, going around the 3 mile course in 1:58.8! In the WERA National Series that gave me the points lead, and in WERA West it gave me an even further points lead.

750 superbike was my next race of the day and I started on the outside of the first row in third position. I got the holeshot again, and lead the race flag to flag! I did a slightly slower lap time in the 4 lap race turning only a 1:59.3, and winning by 5 seconds.

My next race was 600 superbike. I started on pole and got another holeshot. Once again I led the entire race, out front all by myself. I ended up winning with 2nd place following a little bit closer this time, 3 seconds back. My fastest time was a 1:59.3.

My last race Saturday was 750 superstock. I started on the second row, and for the fourth time of the day, I got the holeshot! On the second lap going into turn 5 Jimmy Merck passed me. I wasn’t able to break away from him on the first lap, so he was able to stick with me until he passed me going into 5. The next lap was the last lap. I tried to make a pass a few times, but I couldn’t get anything done. Jimmy really made a charge on the last lap, and I made a few mistakes. There was a little bit of a gap between me and him, and I knew I was going to have to make it up before the last few turns if I had any chance of beating him. When we got to the last 2 turns I was right on him, I got a really good drive coming out of the last turn, but I wasn’t able to beat him to the line.

I was a little bit bummed that I didn’t win all four of my races when I knew I could have; that’s what Sunday was for!

On Sunday morning I had 4 practice sessions, but I didn’t go out for all of them. In one of my sessions I went out with Reese Wacker, and he showed me some lines in some places that I was struggling in. During the morning sessions I was able to get down to a 2:00. It was kind of cloudy in the morning practice sessions and it was nice to ride in, but it was starting to look like we might have some rain. During the first race it started raining so they red flagged it, and then we were on a long delay. They shortened my 8 lap race down to a 4 lap race. After the delay the track was still kind of wet, but luckily it dried out before my first race of the day, 600 superstock. I started on pole, and got the holeshot. It was shortened to a 4 lap race so I knew I had to get work done, and do it quick! On the 2nd lap I turned my fastest lap of the weekend with a 1:58.1! I ended up winning with a 5 second lead! I was very happy to win in the 600 superstock class on both days as it is the premier 600 class!
    My next race was 750 superbike, I started on the outside of the first row and as we were going out for the warm up lap it started sprinkling. On the first lap going into turn 1 it was a little bit scary because I didn’t know if it had started raining harder or not in turn 1. I was the first one to turn 1 so I was the first to find out what it was like. It ended up not being bad at all. It was still sprinkling every lap, but not enough to change the grip of the track. On the second lap Jimmy Merck passed me, but I was determined to not let him beat me again. On the last lap I passed him on the front straight away. Coming out of turn 6 I looked back and I had already put a gap between him and myself. I ended up winning with a 2 second lead.

My last race of the weekend was 600 superbike. I started in 2nd place, and I got the holeshot again. It started raining on the first lap and the track was actually getting pretty wet in some areas. I figured I would rather finish the race than crash, so I just rode safe. Jimmy Merck passed me on the first lap. I stuck with him, buit I wasn’t able to pass him back. I wasn’t too unhappy with my result, I was happy to finish the race and get 2nd place points!

Overall I had a great weekend at Miller! With 5 wins and 2 second place finishes, I had a very good weekend!! Now I am getting ready for the heat of Thunderhill for the AFM race this weekend.
    I would like to thank all of my sponsors for helping me out this year: My mom and dad, Pirelli tires, Chris and Corey at CT Racing, Leon from Competition Motorsports South, Orion Motorsports, Jason Pridmore's Star School, Pacific Track Time, Mike Pascarella, Motorex, Regina, EDR Performance, Cortech, Shoei, FMF, Full Spectrum batteries, KFG Racing, Zero Gravity, Arnette, Drippin' Wet, GB Racing, The Lighting Geek and Rider's Discount.
    Tucker
    www.Tuckerlancaster.com

2. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Awesome :up:

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Great job, Tucker.

4. Thank you!

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Congrats:up::up:

6. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

great job as always man!! I am glad bikes ran good and you had a great weekend!!