1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STT Schedule is up on the web Site

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by David Grey, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Saltman

Saltman Curves Are Sexy

Great post. :up:

I for one live in the South, so I'll be joining to ride AMP once it becomes available.

I'm sure the rest of these guys moaning and groaning and nitpicking everything can find other organizations to ride with. I'll be riding with several myself this season.

But sorry man, you just can't win over them all...

2. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

Grattan. And previously Mid-O. How they did it? That I don't know.

3. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Stand corrected...wasn't aware of that.

4. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

every org wants to get the best dates possible and the company that gets there first an makes the best offer to the track as to what they will deliver, will get their choice of dates. This is the scenario at NJMP, where another club is the "Official Trackday Provider." They get the best dates and have a better arrangement with the track. The other clubs, NESBA, Tony's, Absolute, Roger Lyle & STT are left to squabble ofer the crumbs and try to make a go of it at a venue that is very saturated and that people can do trackdays pretty much whenever they want to. That's business and running a trackday company is a business, regardless of whether they have .com or .org @ the end of their URL. The companies that take the biggest risks, receive the biggest share if they're successful and often take the biggest fall if they're not.

It is certainly a risky venture to book and announce dates at a venue that is under construction and it's not like it's a no-loss scenario if things don't go according t plan. It can become a damaging PR fiasco to say "oops, we goofed [​IMG]" as people lose valuable confidence in your business and your reputation plummets. It is certainly costly to issue refunds as well, both in non-refundable creditcard fees that the business incurs, but also in man-hours spent processing both the intake and refund transactions. this is not something that is directly recoupable.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, sorry but since scheduled dates never happened, that is effectively a lie.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Funny how the people making excuses for this business practice being okay all have a vested interest in the company. Yeah, big surprise there.

Brian - seriously - quit talking so damn much. I couldn't even get through the first paragraph. Yeah I get it, you now work for STT. Good for you. If you can answer my question in one paragraph do so, until then you may as well just shut up for once.

7. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

In the case of Mid-Ohio, it was the track that wanted the sole supplier relationship as it is easier and more conveient for the track to deal with one subcontractor, rather than 2-6. IIRC, they basically laid down the conditions essentially stating "if you want to run dates here, you have to supply the staff, but everything will be run as "the Mid-Ohio School" and we will have ultimate say." That's not exactly an easy pill to swallow for a business and certainly not great when Mid-Ohio decided to abrogate their contract midseason..