1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strava

Discussion in 'General' started by Jed, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

In it
    To bin it

2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

23 and counting.

Huntly Nash has some KOMs around here....

3. khill

khill Well-Known Member

In.......

4. Could possibly be your losing signal. On my local Mtb trails, some segments have over 300 riders, and the fastest guys are who they should be. The pros and sponsored racers.

I have noticed an occasional glitch, but for the most part it's been good.

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

can the app run with an external gps? haven't checked yet...

6. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I'm in. I only commute to work maybe once a week or less, but I like to use Strava anyway. I also use Endomondo to log miles for the National Bike Challenge. Although I know they only award prizes to Cheeseheads.

It is funny how an 8 mile ride burns 380 calories on Strava but 750 on Endomondo.

7. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm pretty sure the calorie counter is very inaccurate from mtn. To road.

Anybody use a HR monitor with the galaxy 5?

Like it?

Been thinking of upgrading.

8. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

I joined... I don't always Strava, have to change that

9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

There are 39 in the group so far. That should keep Kenny busy trying to run everyone down.

10. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I found a cool accessory that will make me bicycle even more...

now I can ride my bike when I ride my bike!

[​IMG]

12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Hell of a wheelie bar.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think y'all are weird but I'm good with using the name :D

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

All I have to say is since joining this club I realized living on flat land sucks! It would take me 200+ laps of 70' bridge climbs to reach the weekly elevation #s of the current leader. YTD...forget it. Almost a quarter million feet of elevation change to my 1,100! :(:( Well at least Im at the best HP making elevation! :D

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Trust me, I'm no spandex warrior. I do it because my son and brother are into it.

My weekly gig...we mountain bike through the local park (great trails; my brother helped to build most of them) about 10 miles and then we head to the cool area of town (which joins the park) and sit at a sidewalk pub and drink Oberon's while watching all of the young honeys walk down the street.

So I basically drink all of the calories I had just burned off.

16. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

f@ck cyclists. i'm the guy road biking a mountain bike that those uppity roadies won't even throw up a wave too. :D

FWIW, i'm looking into getting a road bike now that i'm actually enjoying road riding instead of offroad....but i ain't waving back at those a-holes. :D

and i only do it because sitting at a computer 14 hours a day makes my heart hurt.

i have a frame mounter holster for my Glock. if he don't kill me the first time he's taking return fire. :D

17. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

Yes, I use a Garmin Edge 510... It's actually way more accurate than the iPhone app. Just upload it to Strava from a computer.

18. Greysight

Greysight Well-Known Member

Joined. Looks like I bring the current group total to 50. MTB, some work commutes, occasional weekend rides and two cat 3 races under my belt so far.

Did anything ever come of those WERA cycling jerseys or did they go the way of Durrani? I guess I could search, but who doesn't want to talk about jerseys and Durrani? Hmn, WERA special edition Durrani Wheels Cycling Jerseys? :clap:

19. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

:stupid:

20. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I've got one