1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stocks.....what d'ya got?

Discussion in 'General' started by BR549, Mar 11, 2013.

1. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Don't worry. I don't want to know how many shares you've got (although, if you own any BRK.A, I'll know you're loaded). I just want to know what's in your portfolio and whether you're long, or short. I've got fourteen at the moment.....all long. That's a lot for me. I usually have around eight. Yes, I know they're all aggressive growth names. That's worked out well for me, lately. Here are mine:

ABG
    ASGN
    CVLT
    DHI
    EMN
    KORS
    LAD
    OCN
    POL
    PRAA
    SBNY
    TMH
    WOR
    XXIA

.....and, yes, I took it up the ass on the KORS today. Boneheads.....three secondary offerings in a year? I may give it the heave-ho tomorrow.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

CAT
    VOW
    Some others I can't remember right now outside of a couple of funds.

Whatever I sell, buy and whatever I buy, sell. They don't take dumps, they just sit on the pot and read RRW.

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I think I have 9 shares of Apple, and one or two of Mickey D's.

Pretty much everything else I've pissed away on bikes

edit: what was that rocker quote? "I spent most of my money on women, cars, and booze... everything else I just pissed away."

4. Hellifiknow

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

When I saw that you were the last poster in this thread, I was already laughing when I clicked on it. :crackup:

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I bought something like 200 ~ 250 shares @ around $24 back in the 90's when it looked like Apple was going to take a dirt nap. Made a couple of bucks and sold it.

I'm a genius, because it'd be worth around $200K _ $250K today. :D

7. Not exactly sure how to take that. :D

But something tells me I should throw out a :moon: just in case. :crackup:

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, you know exactly how to take it. :D

9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Did you know that stocks were invented in 2007?
    Little known fact.

11. In Your Corner

Not counting stuff in investment funds, I sort of have 200 shares of WPL if I can pry them out of the hands of the State of NH.

12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I got a half a million tied up somewhere. I get a phone call every two months from the guy handling it all to tell me what he's doing. I've known him for so long that he actually used to change my diapers when I was a baby.

13. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Shit Johnny! That was back before "talkies". :D

14. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

I dont know too much about stocks and how everything works, but im curious. Where should i go to educate myself, aside from watching cramer and getting a headache.

Ive got no savings (well none that is just mine), and ive yet to set up a 401k at work.

Id like to start out with maybe investing a couple hundred and kinda take it from there, but i dont even know where to start.

15. In Your Corner

Don't use Johnny's guy.

16. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

I bought some Apple back in 2006 for around $90.00 and sold it a few months later for around $140.00. Boy, howdy! I thought I was Warren effin' Buffet. :mad:

17. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

MARMO.

FZ1guy likes this.
  18. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

I cashed out most of my stocks about 5 years ago to put a down payment on my first house and renovate it. Nowadays, everything is in some kind of a mutual fund, or ESAs for the kiddos, etc.

However, I've always wanted to buy one share of BRK.A so that I could join the conference calls...

19. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

Quick sidenote, I just looked up BRK.A and it gained over $550 today, which represented a whopping 0.36% increase - jesus...