1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STM slipper clutch parts????

Discussion in 'Tech' started by throwdown, Feb 22, 2016.

1. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

Hello all, I'm looking to see if anyone knows how to obtain, or if its possible to obtain parts for an stm slipper, specifically one for a 2012 Daytona 675??? Being made in italy, if its possible its not likely worth the wait, but if I can fix mine so it can be sold thats great, I'm gonna go with a yoydyne one in the meantime.

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

There's a couple distributors in the US - Hard Racing used to sell parts, and Motostrano, I think.

3. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

I can help. Even have new ones for that bike in stock. Let me know what you need and we will get you sorted.

4. throwdown

Yeah,I called them and they said they couldn't get spare parts. :(

5. throwdown

My clutch hub and drum(terms taken from STM parts breakdown) are damaged, the hub is warped and it has caused the ramps for the balls to wear unevenly. It has also started to clatter, is this a common issue? The noise concerns me the most, I'm 90% sure that it's coming from these damaged parts! I'd love to remove the clutch completely and reinstall the cover to be 100% sure that is the noise, but I have no way to secure the basket if I do that

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Motostrano says they can get you any part for your STM. Call Frank over there.

throwdown likes this.
  7. throwdown

Ok thanks I'll call tomorrow, STM Italy emailed me back today and said that speedmob was the one to call, but I'll contact motostrano first

8. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Now you have two choices instead of none. Best of luck.

9. throwdown

Frank has been great so far but apparently stm has some stuff going on, possibly moving warehouses?? and hasn't gotten back in touch yet to see if they even offer the part numbers I need